Advice Request What is your favorite mobile brand ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What is your favorite mobile brand in 2020-2021 ?

• Apple (iPhone)

Votes: 32 39.5%
  • Samsung

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Xiaomi + Redmi

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Huawei + Honor

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Lenovo

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Oppo + Realme

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Vivo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZTE

• Alcatel

• LG

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I don't have any favorite brand anymore. 2 years ago, it must have been Samsung (S10+, Note 9 = nearly perfect) but when they released the S20 without the headphone jack -> no more samsung for me. S21 without charger -> x2 no more samsung

Redmi seem to be the only brands that are worth the price, not the Mi or Ultra lineups (too expensive)
I still have some doubt about Realme due to their repairability
Pixel, Oneplus are not widely available here -> no repairability

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Some of their products are over-priced, especially their computers.
Limited ability to tweak their products unlike Windows and Android which basically let you do whatever you want.
The cult-like mentality, who in their right mind would like up at 5 AM to buy a bloody new phone every year?

Reactions: roger_m

KonradPL

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2018
Limited ability to tweak their products unlike Windows and Android which basically let you do whatever you want.
The cult-like mentality, who in their right mind would like up at 5 AM to buy a bloody new phone every year?
Xiaomi flagship is over-priced too... Limited security and functionality compared to for example samsung or Apple

Reactions: Venustus

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I had some of the same sentiments. But after I got my Macbook, I have changed opinion totally. It is a completely different experience to use than my Windows. If people wanna pay for that, I think it's okay. And I do know there are some individuals that stand in snow and rain just to get the new model of the year. But I can assure you, it's not all Apple fans that do that. I had my Iphone 8 -3 years, before I bought model 12 last Christmas. Now I use it as a back up phone, and to hear music with headphones. Those phones hold very very long time before you have to change the batteri. People have different needs. I love my Apple products, but I'm not a fanatic. :)

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
My sister is aswell apple fanatic, and i always tend to tease her when android does something better;)

OT: oneplus & nokia are my favourite brands, though
My wife and I don't have a favorite. As long as the phone can act as a hotspot for Internet, that's all that matters. We don't have Internet access where we live so the phone has to do the job. We get 20G hotspot each phone per month included, and that limits us to one company. If it wasn't needing the internet, I doubt I'd even have a phone.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Overpriced because of 5-6 years of iOS updates, good battery/camera. the text looks nice then android devices
01ofpeD.png

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
For a long time I was on Chinese mobiles (Xiaomi, OnePlus, Oppo etc), but now I love Samsung ;)
(especially OneUI)
Custom UIs (MIUI, Realme UI, ColorOS etc. Dunno about Samsung's one UI, haven't used it yet) are such a hog compared to Stock Android. RAM management is pretty bad on them. They just can't stop killing background apps like wtf. I am now on Moto it's super silky smooth.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.