Advice Request What is your preferred backup software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Favourite Backup and Restore Software

• Total voters

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
VMware have better hardware suport and some usefull tools but Vritual box is free while VMware Wokrstation is a bit expensive...
You can yet use Vmware Player which is free version which out usefull tools like image/rollback snapshop etc..

Reactions: bribon77 and AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

VMware have better hardware suport and some usefull tools but Vritual box is free while VMware Wokrstation is a bit expensive...
You can yet use Vmware Player which is free version which out usefull tools like image/rollback snapshop etc..
Yes years ago I used VMPlayer

Reactions: bribon77 and AtlBo

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
If you use only in home as casual user you would not see difernece, mean only lack of snapshot.
However limits are more annoy for buisness usage like limit use copule istances in one time etc..

Comparision-between-VMware-Workstation-pro-and-VMware-Workstation-player-1.jpg
http://www.vmwarearena.com/wp-conte...ation-pro-and-VMware-Workstation-player-1.jpg

Reactions: AtlBo and bribon77

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Guys I have a question regarding image restore and sorry in advance if it sounds stupid. Suppose I make a disk backup of my SSD using Macrium and save the image to an external HDD. Then I secure erase the SSD using Parted Magic. Then I use the bootable rescue disk created by Macrium to restore the disk image which I had created earlier on the external HDD. Will the restore process be successful or will the restore process fail since I had secure erased the SSD before attempting the Restore?

Last edited:

Tume

Level 2
Verified
Mar 30, 2018
Guys I have a question regarding image restore and sorry in advance if it sounds stupid. Suppose I make a disk backup of my SSD using Macrium and save the image to an external HDD. Then I secure erase the SSD using Parted Magic. Then I use the bootable rescue disk created by Macrium to restore the disk image which I had created earlier on the external HDD. Will the restore process be successful or will the restore process fail since I had secure erased the SSD before attempting the Restore?

It will work. Why not? You can even restore it to completely different SSD too.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Acronis True Image is the one I use, I do incremental backups at system shut down or re-boot so any work I do is automatically backed up and is as current as possible. It is the only one that I know of they will do back ups like this on a triggered event like a system shutdown

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.