Favourite Backup and Restore Software

• Total voters

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
VMware have better hardware suport and some usefull tools but Vritual box is free while VMware Wokrstation is a bit expensive...
You can yet use Vmware Player which is free version which out usefull tools like image/rollback snapshop etc..

Reactions: bribon77 and AtlBo

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Malware Tester
Guys I have a question regarding image restore and sorry in advance if it sounds stupid. Suppose I make a disk backup of my SSD using Macrium and save the image to an external HDD. Then I secure erase the SSD using Parted Magic. Then I use the bootable rescue disk created by Macrium to restore the disk image which I had created earlier on the external HDD. Will the restore process be successful or will the restore process fail since I had secure erased the SSD before attempting the Restore?

Last edited:

Tume

Level 1
Guys I have a question regarding image restore and sorry in advance if it sounds stupid. Suppose I make a disk backup of my SSD using Macrium and save the image to an external HDD. Then I secure erase the SSD using Parted Magic. Then I use the bootable rescue disk created by Macrium to restore the disk image which I had created earlier on the external HDD. Will the restore process be successful or will the restore process fail since I had secure erased the SSD before attempting the Restore?
It will work. Why not? You can even restore it to completely different SSD too.