Trident

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Hello,

What music service do you prefer and why?

I guess I should start first.

Apple Music for me. It is neatly integrated in all Apple Devices, the UI is quite clean and there is a lot of motion in it (with the animated album arts). It also offers high-res/dolby Atmos (though these can be gimmicky) at no additional charge.
There is ML model that removes vocals (works well).

I tried Spotify but the UI has a lot going on and the bass was weird (too warm and not punchy). Amazon Music Unlimited was jam packed with bugs and nonsensical behaviour.
YouTube Music Premium was OK but still very much work in progress.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Nice thread idea :) It's Spotify for me. I like the layout and the features of playlist backup, and the ability to move the playlists easily. With my hearing going out on me, it makes sounds..lol, that I can understand, so that works for me :) The Roku app isn't to bad, maybe not as intuitive as the desktop, but at least it's with a better audio system than my Windows PC speakers. What helps on the PC is I use the Breakaway audio app, which gives me some control and does improve the sound.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Don't use one. I listen to music 3 ways:
SiriusXM in my car.
On my computer with headphones, I have thousands of songs I've downloaded or burnt from my old vinyl and CD's.
And if I want to shake the walls I load a CD in my 5.1 system.
Shake the walls, like the old Maxwell tape ad :)

BouncyDistinctBarb-size_restricted.gif

Trident

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Btw I’m diverging from the original topic, has anyone tried the Comply eartips? I bought them for my Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3 but I am not convinced they are so great…
I feel the original tips isolate better.

bobdoe

Level 2
Oct 10, 2020
I dont like the tracking and guerilla marketing tactics of Spotify, Apple etc, found and am enjoying this desktop alternative...

"nuclear is a free music streaming program that pulls content from free sources all over the internet. If you know mps-youtube, this is a similar music player but with a GUI. It's also focusing more on audio. Imagine Spotify which you don't have to pay for and with a bigger library."

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I mostly listen to Tidal, and YouTube. I used Spotify long time, but when I got my new speakers KEF LS 50W II, I began to hear the difference on Tidal. Jay Z (the owner of Tidal) just put too much hip hop and rap in there. 🥱😇

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.