Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Negatives:
- Recommendations are poor or non-existent
For me it was the other way around. Because I am mainly dance/house/edm listener (these songs are not on TV) I really need recommendations. Whilst using YT Music Premium I discovered tons of new music. When they put something as similar, it really was.

Spotify wasn’t so good and Apple Music in terms of recommendations is ridiculous for my taste and music. Seems like Google with their gigabytes of information about me have cracked my code best 😂

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I still use Spotify mainly for background music or on the car, I've tried Tidal etc but as serious listening is done via FLAC I find paying more than Spotify pointless - I find Spotify handy to listen to new music such s a specific album then if I really like it I will still buy the album & rip it to FLAC Lossless which I can play on SONOS in here or stream to my NAD M10 amp/streamer in my lounge.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
For me it was the other way around. Because I am mainly dance/house/edm listener (these songs are not on TV) I really need recommendations. Whilst using YT Music Premium I discovered tons of new music. When they put something as similar, it really was.

Spotify wasn’t so good and Apple Music in terms of recommendations is ridiculous for my taste and music. Seems like Google with their gigabytes of information about me have cracked my code best 😂

I also listen to a lot of house/edm and Spotify has deleted a lot of music I used to listen to... whether it be music or remixes...
YouTube Music I rediscovered them 2/3 years ago now.
Apple Music I haven't tested, even if my iPhone invites me to it ^^

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I use Pandora Plus on my laptop and in my car. It costs $5.00 a month but there are no commercials. I have been with Pandora for about seven years now so their algorithm knows my musical tastes very well. I also like how I can fine tune a station for more obscure songs that you don't hear that often.

I use Media Monkey to play my MP3 collection on my computer in Windows. In Linux Mint I use the Strawberry music player app, it is a lot like Itunes was back in the day. On the computer I use a set of One Odio A70 headphones, they sound very good and can get loud if I want. Sometimes I use Youtube Music to audition songs/albums/bands that I might run across online.

I have some of my MP3 collection loaded into the free Simple MP3 music player app and Pandora and on my phone. I use a set of Cowin E7 headphones and the free SpotEQ10 equalizer app to listen during the day at work.

C.H.

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Youtube Music for me. I have youtube premium which allows for ad free offline playing. Since i listen to music more than i ever watch tv this works quite well for me, and negates the need to bother with youtube anti ad blocking, i have movie options on youtube for when the desire hits as well as the ability to minimize the apps on my phone to keep from burning my screen out.

I find the library to be quite extensive and suites my needs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.