Advice Request What Nokia Feature Phones (Basic Phone) has Audio/Call Recording?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello!

I am having a hard time finding some features on the feature/basic phones of Nokia. These features were present in their past (year 2000's) basic phones. I need a basic phone (keypad phone) from Nokia (from the recent years 2020-2022) that has these features:

Audio/Voice Recording
Audio Call Recording
Note-taking app
Calculator with Converter/Conversion Feature

They say some of these features are unavailable to Nokia feature phones because of its S30+ OS.

I am making a keypad phone my primary device, to detox from smartphones. Thanks!

marhendray

Level 1
Nov 20, 2021
Not sure if the note taking and audio call recording features are available on these Nokia phones. You can see the those phones below.

Additionally, those phones also have Facebook and Google apps preinstalled, which can be triggering if smartphone detox is the main reason.

For me personally, I choose CAT Phone which has fewer bloatware and very well rugged and useful when I combined smartphone detox with outside activities.
I hope this helps.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Additionally, those phones also have Facebook and Google apps preinstalled, which can be triggering if smartphone detox is the main reason.
Yes, actually, I don't have Facebook account, but only Google. But I plan to buy 2G or 3G Basic Phone only, and internet usage is not my reason to use the basic phone. However, I have been researching how to remove/delete the preinstalled apps like Facebook and WhatsApp from Nokia basic phones and I can't find any solution or workarounds.

Yes, I have looked unto this before, and even looked unto its manual, searching for its features.

For me personally, I choose CAT Phone which has fewer bloatware and very well rugged and useful when I combined smartphone detox with outside activities.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion! The problem is, how do I find such phones. I don't have Credit Card. To use Cash on Delivery, I can only use Lazada and Shopee online platforms which do not contain CAT Phones. Even if I find one, they are most likely imitations or clones.

Thanks much for your answer! Yes, I've been looking towards choosing rugged phones that are not too bulky.

marhendray

Level 1
Nov 20, 2021
Yes, actually, I don't have Facebook account, but only Google. But I plan to buy 2G or 3G Basic Phone only, and internet usage is not my reason to use the basic phone. However, I have been researching how to remove/delete the preinstalled apps like Facebook and WhatsApp from Nokia basic phones and I can't find any solution or workarounds.

Yes, I have looked unto this before, and even looked unto its manual, searching for its features.

Thanks for the suggestion! The problem is, how do I find such phones. I don't have Credit Card. To use Cash on Delivery, I can only use Lazada and Shopee online platforms which do not contain CAT Phones. Even if I find one, they are most likely imitations or clones.

Thanks much for your answer! Yes, I've been looking towards choosing rugged phones that are not too bulky.
I as far as I know most feature phones these days are using KaiOS (including CAT Phone) and I don't think the preinstalled apps are removable in a simple way. I am sure CAT B40 were available in the beginning of 2021 at Bukalapak and out of stock until now. Sadly, most rugged phone has no official release in Indonesia. The closest Nokia Phone to CAT Phone is Nokia 800 Tough, I am sure it's still available in Tokopedia but it's relatively expensive (~Rp 4.000.000) which almost 200% more expensive than official price.

Reactions: show-Zi

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I also like feature phones.📞:)
20170220151618_94_.jpg
The feeling of physically pressing a key(y)

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I as far as I know most feature phones these days are using KaiOS (including CAT Phone) and I don't think the preinstalled apps are removable in a simple way. I am sure CAT B40 were available in the beginning of 2021 at Bukalapak and out of stock until now. Sadly, most rugged phone has no official release in Indonesia. The closest Nokia Phone to CAT Phone is Nokia 800 Tough, I am sure it's still available in Tokopedia but it's relatively expensive (~Rp 4.000.000) which almost 200% more expensive than official price.
Yes, KaiOS is getting popular. But even in Nokia 8000 4G, very slow, not yet optimized. Much of Nokia's Basic Phone still uses S30+.

I wonder though why did Nokia remove features in their newer Nokia basic phones, like Audio recording and Notes app. These features are present in Nokia 216 from 2016, and it also uses S30+.

But maybe some apps can be installed with these features.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.