What on earth are these in my Temp folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
ok, I found these in my temp folder, and they will not go away.... any ideas as to what they are? The Twain file goes on about a Thunker Window..... a what now?? any info greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Temp.PNG
    Temp.PNG
    99.9 KB · Views: 826
  • Twain.PNG
    Twain.PNG
    82.1 KB · Views: 529

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
It doesn't sound good.! :eek: Did you run Ccleaner.? It usually removes Temp files.;)

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
aah, right... does that include those etilqs files as well? ok, got it.. my mirror image detection is a bit slow today.. ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As @terene has mentioned, and funnily enough you do have a Epson toolbar installed into Windows Explorer.
TWAIN is a standard software protocol and applications programming interface (API) that regulates communication between software applications and imaging devices such as scanners and digital cameras...

so if you have a web/digital camera, or a scanner (including an "all-in-one" printer with scanner), you may have legitimate TWAIN software or folders on your system.
Why Can't We Find Thunker? - Virus & Spyware Discussions Forum - Virus & Spyware - Dell Community
TWAIN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually from the first observation, those files which are temporary are very unlikely to be malicious. Usually to easily determine are random alphanumeric codes which very unusual and may pose security risk.

Those are normally done from your daily application which been mentioned already. ;)

Reactions: porkpiehat
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.