Advice Request What Programs Would You Use As Permanent Or Long Time Security Solution

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Programs that you would only use long time or permanently, not just trying out for a week or two. ( Not at the same time, one or two of you will ask)

I have a short list:

Microsoft Defender with ( Configure Defender, Simple Windows Hardening and Firewall Hardening)
Emsisoft

Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Appguard

Voodoo Shield

OSArmour

Non security solutions:
Macrium Reflect
Aoemi
Shadow Defender

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Nice topic 👍 My answer is quite obvious due to looong time using of two ingenious security apps...I mean
*SpyShelter
*Shadow Defender.
There is also another one fantastic app I would use if it will be still developed - Online Armor Firewall (not necessary developed by Emsisoft) ;)

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
There are few that I use for a long time and don't see me changing anytime soon (some are not real-time security):
Macrium Reflect, SUMo, uBlock Origin, Keepass, Veracrypt

For real-time AM solution I narrowed it down to ESET and Emsisoft. I change them approx. once a month and haven't decided yet, which I like better.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
If it's OK to list even though one software is on hiatus here.

Microsoft Defender (b/c it's so amenable to third party software like OSArmor)
Sandboxie (waiting for a more stable released version of Plus)
NVT OSArmor
Hard_Configurator (select modules but keeps an open mind)

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Kaspersky (using it >12 years)
AdGuard for Windows (using it >3 years)
Macrium Reflect (using it >4 years)
Sticky Password (using it >8 years)

These four are my Security Pillars on which my whole system is standing.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.