Advice Request What Remote Assist Software do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What Remote Assist Software do you use?

• Microsoft Quick Assist

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TeamViewer

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • UltraVNC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AnyDesk

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • ISL Light

• Chrome Remote Desktop

• Other

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The question is what remote connection software you use at home to help and assist your friends, family and loved ones. Personal noted that older/seniors tend to be able handle Microsofts built-in Quick Assist best, but of course others might have a different experience. I'm not adding every software that exist, but simply are curious about those most commonly used by members here on MT.

Use the poll and cast your vote, and also write and share your own experience. (y):coffee:

Wasar

Level 1
Feb 18, 2021
A couple of times I used Anydesk to help a friend to solve a problem.
I like the fact that it is portable, lightweight. and non-invasive in terms of system resources. It uses a good encryption for data exchange and it has a good frame rate. Only problem some holes in the session but this depended by his internet connection.

Marana

Level 1
Verified
Jan 21, 2018
I used to use TeamViewer for years, but one day it started to complain about suspected business use (along with aborting sessions within a few minutes). I was not able to get the problem solved with their support, so I switched to AnyDesk and have been very happy with it.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I used to use TeamViewer for years, but one day it started to complain about suspected business use (along with aborting sessions within a few minutes). I was not able to get the problem solved with their support, so I switched to AnyDesk and have been very happy with it.
I had the same problem with TeamViewer, so I also switched to AnyDesk.

keeranadams

Mar 28, 2022
Might be a GPU issue? I use Parsec all the time with Houdini (windows) and it works great.

i unfortunately dont have a multimeter though strangely enough the problem comes up restarting the pc fixed it a couple days ago but then it suddenly got worse and stopped working alltogether

i unfortunately dont have a multimeter though strangely enough the problem comes up restarting the pc fixed it a couple days ago but then it suddenly got worse and stopped working alltogether
Gave up team viewer and moved to AnyDesk.
Works great. On phone its a bit squinty but free

sartic

Level 3
Jun 5, 2020
Between the two, is TeamViewer better?
I think TeamViewer is more expensive.. They are pushing leveling to a new version. Some YouTubers say it is hard to stop subscriptions.
We have AnyDesk one channel. Here is my experience for Windows endpoints. I think TeamViewer has better connectivity. AnyDesk seems faster. I like more AnyDesk UI.
Both are not anymore for outdated machines with single core or less than 2GB.
For me today anything less Pentium (Athlon) x2 and 3GB ram is today for recycling :)
If money is a problem go RustDesk (similar but not near to AnyDesk) or (tight)VNC.
PS: both are no trying to push you to buy product (e tu AnyDesk :(

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I never felt the need to use any of these tools. But if I want to use, I will use free version of TeamViewer. Or paid if i want to use advanced features.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

RDP requires port-forwarding for home users. That fact alone basically removes it from the competition.

On the other hand, RDP can be substantially hardened whereas ConnectWise, AnyDesk and TeamViewer cannot. The appeal of those is just some conveniences that Windows RDP does not have.

Reactions: amirr

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Remote access is a consumer-friendly backdoor software.

All are exploited in some ways by scammers on desktop and mobile.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.