Advice Request What Security Program Do You Keep Going Back To No Matter What?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I liked the "media player" interface on Avast 4.x.

+1 from me, Those honestly were some "good times" for me. I was young then (still am) so I look back with a certain fondness. I wish some companies would stop with the "advanced" GUI's and just one of them would bring back something like the media player gui of avast 4.x

But to answer the question the thread is about....Comodo, for the longest time I kept going back hoping that each new version would be better than the last and maybe one day they would build their AV up to be as good as some of the other free ones on the market. Foolish of me I know, but I had hoped. Then just recently i got called up by some distant family members/friends of friends and for some reason their installations of Comodo had boinked some part of their system or another that I fixed for them. RIpped Comodo off their systems and went back to avast for them. For me personally im trying out KSC Free and am liking it alot so far.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Thread question is simple:
Hard_Configurator

Can't live without. I'm now slaved :0
Till i port everything and make many different policies based on use case on SEP(primarily for the unmanaged clients) .
I'm inslaved to Hard_Configurator .
Its all the Andy Ful conspiracy, raising minions for World domination :devilish:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
For me personally im trying out KSC Free and am liking it alot so far.

Have this on a laptop. Tempted to say that you may in time find it better than avast for your relatives and friends. KSC (y)

Also go back to Comodo...and I use OSArmor, because why not I guess? Suppose it's good discipline to have something like OSArmor underneath everything...

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Also go back to Comodo...and I use OSArmor, because why not I guess? Suppose it's good discipline to have something like OSArmor underneath everything...

Yes,yes and thrice yes!

OSAmor is one of those app`s I like to have on all systems.

Whitelist Cloud is another one that`s becoming a must have on all systems.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.