jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
For Puppy Linux I've found that BleachBit can run well on my system so that's my regularly Maintenance Program.

woomera

Level 6
Verified
LaserWraith said:
I just use CCleaner. Revo to uninstall. Soluto to manage start-up programs and delay/stop some. Process Explorer to watch things. :)
Have you ever uninstalled soluto lets say after few month of using it? if you do you will never use it again ;)

mt list is:
-Ccleaner
-Wise registry cleaner
-comodo program manager

Linuxfever

Defrag = Windows 7 built-in
Cleaning = CCleaner
Registry Cleaning = CCleaner
Tweaking = Manual
Start up control = KillSwitch
Process Monitoring = KillSwitch
Uninstaller = Windows 7 built-in
Disk Imaging = Paragon

Prorootect

Level 53
Verified
KCleaner Free Best Cleaner - look here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-KCleaner-Free-Best-Cleaner

MyDefrag disk defragmenter and optimizer - look here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-MyDefrag-disk-defragmenter-and-optimizer

Process Hacker v2.23 last good - because System Information all-in-one graphs and data window.

PureRa v1.7: Raproducts.org/software: http://raproducts.org/wordpress/software - I notch all.

Recent File Seeker: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Recent-File-Seeker?highlight=recent+file+seeker
.;)
PS. Tweaking - manual only. Look on my sig, please.

I

illumination

Defrag : Auslogics Disk Defrag
Cleaning : CCleaner
Registry Cleaning : CCleaner and Auslogics Registry Cleaner
Uninstaller : Revo Pro

woomera

Level 6
Verified
iPanik said:
I used TuneUp Utilities earlier but then i found out that most of it could be done automatically with Windows tools, so i decided to use those instead.

My arsenal:
  • Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter
  • Windows 7 Disk Cleanup
  • CCleaner
  • SyInternals Autoruns, Process Explorer
  • Group Policy

Defrag, cleaning, backup, Hitman Pro scan and MBAM update is done weekly through Windows Task Scheduler (So i don't have to do anything myself :D ).
I use Group Policy to apply tweaks like disable autorun, search from the start menu etc.

I don't clean my registry.
may i ask, how you perform mbam/hitman pro updates through task scheduler?

jota13

Level 2
Verified
I am very cautious. I use only software which I trust. I full trust only Ccleaner and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

When Advanced System Care Pro detect in my Windows Registry many error I always create system restore point.

Toolbox in Advanced System Care Pro is good but I don't trust Registry Cleaner. Once this tool clean errors in Windows registry and after it I have problem with my computer. Something was wrong...

samit

Level 10
Verified
Disk and Registry Defrag and Tweaking=TuneUp utilities 2012
Cleaning= Ccleaner
Cleaning and Registry Cleaner= Auslogic Boost Speed
Uninstall= Comodo Program Manager

Neno

Level 5
Verified
For tweaking i use EnhanceMySe7en, tried a lot of other apps and found this one suits me just fine (only for tweaking).
Defrag i put in the hands of Raxco PerfectDisk 12.5.
Eh cleaning app ... what i didn't tried ... probably tested majority of them. I settled with Auslogics BoostSpeed (5.20) with registry cleaning and registry defrag. For disk cleaning i use East-Tec Eraser 2011.
Uninstalling is one of the most critical areas there too i tried everything i could find. Revo Uninstaller Pro is my choice for now, but at the horizon there is potentially a masterpiece that i might add as favorite. Comodo Program Manager could be the best app for uninstalling if they optimize it and resolve some bugs.
For process monitoring i use AnVir Task Manager Pro and KillSwitch.
As for backup/imaging (in my opinion) there is no better app than Acronis True Image Home 2012. This program is a life saver. My advice for the people that often install/uninstall or test software is that they never (and i mean never) use system restore integrated in Windows 7 that is a sloppy piece of code, instead use Acronis (incremental backup) for the same purpose.

Jack

Level 85
Verified
Staff member
@Neno Very interesting post.... I might just try Comodo Program Manager as I have never used it .... thanks.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Verified
Trusted
Jack said:
@Neno Very interesting post.... I might just try Comodo Program Manager as I have never used it .... thanks.
Be careful when using it because it's aggressive. I tried it to remove one of my programs, the advanced removal has my Google Chrome execuatable inside it. After seeing it, I said to myself "Let me try it." :D
Yeah it was my mistake and it got my Chrome deleted. And then I said "What's that program doing here? Go and remove it!" and I forgot that I can restore a backup. I uninstalled it and I removed the backup files. :lolz: I think I am much more aggressive than an uninstall manager. :p

I didn't face a single problem with Revo and IObit Uninstaller.

samit

Level 10
Verified
Jack said:
it features are same as revo uninstaller pro except that it is free.....:p

Ramblin

For maintenance, CCleaner is the only program that I have installed. Once in a while I run Windows Disk Defragmenter after running Check disk and use Windows own uninstaller. Before installing or uninstalling anything, I always look for instructions on how to properly uninstall whats been installed or uninstalled and if there is a registry or uninstaller tool, I always get it from the proper place and run it after using Windows own uninstaller. I don't like surprises or use uninstaller tools like Revo.

Bo