Battle What would be a Lightweight Security Suite?

Compare list
Avira internet security
Eset internet security
Zonealarm extreme security
Panda dome
Comodo internet security
Other ...?
In-depth Comparison

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
Hi, looking for security suite - have tried actually payed versions of:
Kaspersky internet security
Emsisoft antimalware
Bitdefender internet security
Norton security
The problem on this mashine is with performance (even with not default settings) od with updates (slowing down) - want to try anything other být dont know-how what to choose- please help mě decide:)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
For performance, Eset or Panda as everyone mentioned but both are weak for protection.I would choose Avira, lightweight these days and very good protection.
I dont agree. I think Eset is the antivirus that has most medals in a row. Over 10 years as far as I remember. I dont know Panda good enough to say anything about it. But I have seen many charts where it had a pretty good result.
If not Eset, then Emsisoft. One of those 2.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
If you don't trust Emsisoft enough to protect you, why more clumse your system with useless Voodooshield on top of it. It's an unquality soft with garbage code for crackpots, don't live in lies.
i trust it but i am paranoid person so i take mutli defense lines approach
but Emsisoft is a great and well developed piece of software with excellent customer support they focus on their software and it is light smart and easy to configure

Reactions: Venustus and Wraith

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Come on guys. VoodooShield is a great piece of software. It has excellent protection against scripts and it's also an excellent anti executable. Moreover it looks up VT and has AI to determine if an executable is safe or malicious. Even more, it includes a local as well as a remote sandbox where a user can execute any file and see what the file does. The best part is it can be used alongside any AV and they have a free version for commercial use. I used to use VS/OSArmor with ESET IS. But since I've purchased AppGuard lifetime licence, I use AG with ESET. Sadly AG doesn't cater to home users now. I bet ya all with all mah money....try to breach ESET and AG combo..... you'll fail.:p:p

Last edited:
L

Local Host

Come on guys. VoodooShield is a great piece of software. It has excellent protection against scripts and it's also an excellent anti executable. Moreover it looks up VT and has AI to determine if an executable is safe or malicious. Even more, it includes a local as well as a remote sandbox where a user can execute any file and see what the file does. The best part is it can be used alongside any AV and they have a free version for commercial use. I used to use VS/OSArmor with ESET IS. But since I've purchased AppGuard lifetime licence, I use AG with ESET. Sadly AG doesn't cater to home users now. I bet ya all with all mah money....try to breach ESET and AG combo..... you'll fail.:p:p
VoodooShield is slow to update to the latest Windows 10 Builds (doesn't seem like they use Insider Builds to prepare), it has also caused issues with Kaspersky in the past.

With IS Suites you don't need any more third-party software either, they just need to be properly tweaked (especially ESET).

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
VoodooShield is slow to update to the latest Windows 10 Builds (doesn't seem like they use Insider Builds to prepare), it has also caused issues with Kaspersky in the past.

With IS Suites you don't need any more third-party software either, they just need to be properly tweaked (especially ESET).
Since I use windows 7, can't comment about 10 but yes version 4 had some bugs the last time I tried it. But since I used the free version, I didn't rant about it. Yes a suite properly configured is all that's needed for a proper user. I use AG to supplement ESET just because I have a license else ESET doesn't require a companion.

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Performance and System Impact: ESET, McAfee
Computer protection (Antivirus engine, Heuristic engine): Bitdefender, Kaspersky,Norton
Internet protection (Web Guard, Anti-Phishing, Antispam, Browser extension): Zoenalarm , Kaspersky , Bitdefender
Proactive protection (Behavior blocker, HIPS, Sandbox): Kaspersky , Bitdefender
Network protection (Firewall, Botnet protection) Zonealarm
Ransomware protection: Acronis ransomware , Sophos Endpoint Security, McAfee Endpoint Security, Bitdefender.
Features : Zone alarm Extreme Security.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.