Troubleshoot Whats Going On With Edge

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Anyone know why this would be happening, Edge is closed so why is it registering in Task manager?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-14 002040.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-14 002040.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 203

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Anyone else have Edge still running in the background after its been closed? Startup boost and continue running background extensions are both disabled.View attachment 279423
For me it was the new Windows Copilot feature. It's reliant on MS Edge and keeps it running in the background. After turning it off Edge doesn't keep running anymore.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

There are no issues here, but I disabled many unnecessary settings.

@JohnR, Vivaldi is a great browser for users who value control and appreciate updates that respect their settings.

Reactions: Moonhorse
Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I have noticed this entry in Autoruns, it re-creates itself when removed.
I shut down PC by removing startup entries, so it is not an issue for me.

capture_11172023_090735.jpg

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.