What's in Your System Tray? - Icon Show Off

M

MalwareT

Here's mine :)

2015-08-19_124650.jpg

S

Sr. Normal

Hahaha, I have it hidden and silent. ;) Waiting if there is an improvement to update. :rolleyes: ... to Windows 7 :D

Reactions: frogboy

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
f8NA0RE.png

Can you list the program names for the 2 buttom icons? ;)
(They're not listed in my config.)

The left one is the SunsetScreen and the other one I really don't know :(
Correct and for those that might not know, I highly suggest givint it a try to stop blue light from disturbing your sleeping patterns, at first the tint of orange might be odd but you can adjust and get used to it.
Your eyes will thank you in the end.
Research information on blue light and sleep here : f.lux
F.lux or SunsetScreen, RedShift all do the same thing, just some have more options than others.
There's also similar apps for mobiles and tablets. ;)

The second one is veracrypt. :)
I use it myself.
Good attempt and I could see how you thought so, very similar but not quite.
It's actually KeepAliveHDD - an application designed to prevent your hard drive / external hard drives from entering sleep mode. This is done by automatically creating a tiny single text file every few minutes.
There's a number of reasons why to use such software even though one can change APM settings and other Windows Power options that prevent HDD/EXHDD from entering sleep mode / parking heads and stopping/starting too much thus causing an annoyance when you go to access said HDD/EXHDDs and have to wait each time.

Reactions: amir 957
A

AnoOtaku

Correct and for those that might not know, I highly suggest givint it a try to stop blue light from disturbing your sleeping patterns, at first the tint of orange might be odd but you can adjust and get used to it.
F.lux or SunsetScreen, RedShift all do the same thing, just some have more options than others.
There's also similar apps for mobiles and tablets. ;)

Good attempt and I could see how you thought so, very similar but not quite.
It's actually KeepAliveHDD - an application designed to prevent your hard drive / external hard drives from entering sleep mode. This is done by automatically creating a tiny single text file every few minutes.
There's a number of reasons why to use such software even though one can change APM settings and other Windows Power options that prevent HDD/EXHDD from entering sleep mode / parking heads and stopping/starting too much thus causing an annoyance when you go to access said HDD/EXHDDs and have to wait each time.

Lol nice.
Had me fooled haha. Yeah I usually go into power options to adjust the time required for the hard drives to enter sleep mode. I actually thought the sleep function was impossible to change, but I learned how to change it a few months ago, very convenient. :)

Technozz

Level 2
Verified
Jul 24, 2015
This is my tray.........

y3m7BOzWOUV8yfD0qDqwhxE8M4kZ_cjJwldWHqH6zz6VfpwhGhW3J3TPEpNH3P-T1pnPwaVZk_EFyAWnc078MbjAixMmdWx3yewToLMkRnD87lwbNl5lGIWogoXQu-GvSYtg-5S9hFOZ46pL73Eno8HnQ

From Left to right:
- Netspeed Monitor
- ShareX
- Easynet Monitor
- Windows 10 System Icon

y3mfUOVO3Jo15yVY88OVykxEHB7MEs31MTN7zNF_R3iGZ-0c34qhP8IfS_meaYxfO2gTHUClfJl3FKhn-oV9BJ6wrWAOT-y5mrEBLV-4_W30lZbYEsfNvt9Os6aPp0VHzoKwiHJzDyqsZM_FExwG_fVsw

From Top Left:

- Avira Free Antivirus
- Keyscrambler
- Windows Firewall Control
- Malwarebyte Anti Exploit
- Adguard
- Intel HD Graphics
- ASUS Smart Gesture
- NVIDIA Experience
- NVIDIA Activity Monitor
- EasyNet Monitor
- Portable APPS
- IDM
- Snarl
- Keepas
- OneDrive

Reactions: Jack

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
bar.jpg

Windows 10 taskbar with BatteryBar Pro, Lenovo Access Connections, AVG Tuneup, Zemana, Defender, Peerblock

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
thanks, I am trying out sunsetscreen. Why did you choose that one, rather than the other apps that do the same?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.