Advice Request What's your preferred Keyboard layout?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You probably have heard of QWERTY, AZERTY, Dvorak and Colemak but not so much of others.

What's your preferred Keyboard layout, and why?

How long did it take you to learn and adjust to new layouts?

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
QWERTZ; it's default for Croatian. You can't buy a keyboard or laptop, for instance, with QWERTY layout and diacritic symbols.

Croatian_keyboard_layout.jpg

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
This is the keyboard I wanted. The key arrangement of the alphabet follows QWERTY, but the input method of hiragana is unique and specialized for high-speed Japanese input. However, because it is a minor product, it is produced in small quantities, and the price is rather expensive. Therefore, I gave up buying it. Although supported by enthusiastic supporters, it was announced that this year the 40 year history will end.
002kb232.jpg

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I never seen anything but QWERTY keyboards here. People used to buy QWERTY keyboards with our language letters embedded in it along with English but now everyone just buy plain and simple English letter keyboards. There's a popular free software that changed our habit. We write our Bangla words using English letter and it converts those instantly in Bangla letters. Something like, "তুমি" (Tumi) which translates to "You". I would just write "Tumi" in keyboard and it'll automatically convert into "তুমি" (You) on screen. This way I never had to learn the Bangla layout. So, I can't really think of writing anything in English and Bangla without QWERTY keyboard.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I use QWERTY now, but I used to prefer US-International when I wrote a lot of Spanish-language material. On Android, I've quickly come to prefer GBoard over what came with my old ZTE phone, the pre-malware version of TouchPal. It placed the number and symbol menus several taps deep, making for slow texting.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
This is the keyboard I wanted. The key arrangement of the alphabet follows QWERTY, but the input method of hiragana is unique and specialized for high-speed Japanese input. However, because it is a minor product, it is produced in small quantities, and the price is rather expensive. Therefore, I gave up buying it. Although supported by enthusiastic supporters, it was announced that this year the 40 year history will end.
View attachment 241952
I always felt so dumb and slow typing Romanji to get Japanese output and wanted a cool Japanese keyboard in College. But, alas, it wasn’t ever practical. This makes me sad.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I always felt so dumb and slow typing Romanji to get Japanese output and wanted a cool Japanese keyboard in College. But, alas, it wasn’t ever practical. This makes me sad.
This keyboard was suitable for the use of entering Japanese directly without romaji.

Many people in Japan input Japanese using Roman letters because it is easier to learn the layout of the 26 character keys. However, in this case, you need to decompose Japanese into romaji first, enter it, and then convert it. When you enter Japanese directly, the keys to remember are arranged in 51 characters. The keyboard was able to use two Japanese words with one key by using shift keys together. That is, the sequence to be memorized is halved.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.