Q&A When do you start charging your smartphone?

At what % do you start charging your smartphone?

• Total voters

Protomartyr

Level 7
Verified
Sep 23, 2019
Part about restarting the phone drew my attention.
Why do you do that?
Below 40% usually and sometimes 20.

Restarting an android phone once a week is good for it actually. Even google recommends it. Don't know about iPhones.
@SeriousHoax is spot on. I had a Moto Z Play which is a budget phone from 2016 and was in use till Summer 2020. With the hardware being as old as it is, restarting it would help with performance. I have a Pixel 3a XL now and the habit transferred over.

jackuars

Level 26
Verified
Jul 2, 2014
I usually charge when I'm asleep, and I've set thermals to slow charging after 80%, and max.charge to 95%, by the time I'm awake, my phone is 95% charged, enough to last the day comfortably. I get around 13 hrs SOT on normal usage.

ZeePriest

Level 5
Jul 2, 2020
I bought my S7 Edge when it first came out and I charge it when it hits the 10% mark. After 4 years of heavy use, my battery still feels as if it's brand new! Same thing with my laptop, it's a bit old and I charge it the same way I charge my phone. I plug it in at 10% and unplug it when it reaches 80% or so. The battery still works great. I was told about this procedure by a friend of mine who knows a whole lot about computers and phones. So I took his advice and I haven't regret it since then. Hope this helps some of you guys who are looking for a way to keep their batteries from deteriorating quickly.