Advice Request When do you start charging your smartphone?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

At what % do you start charging your smartphone?

• Total voters

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Part about restarting the phone drew my attention.
Why do you do that?
Below 40% usually and sometimes 20.

Restarting an android phone once a week is good for it actually. Even google recommends it. Don't know about iPhones.
@SeriousHoax is spot on. I had a Moto Z Play which is a budget phone from 2016 and was in use till Summer 2020. With the hardware being as old as it is, restarting it would help with performance. I have a Pixel 3a XL now and the habit transferred over.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I usually charge when I'm asleep, and I've set thermals to slow charging after 80%, and max.charge to 95%, by the time I'm awake, my phone is 95% charged, enough to last the day comfortably. I get around 13 hrs SOT on normal usage.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
I bought my S7 Edge when it first came out and I charge it when it hits the 10% mark. After 4 years of heavy use, my battery still feels as if it's brand new! Same thing with my laptop, it's a bit old and I charge it the same way I charge my phone. I plug it in at 10% and unplug it when it reaches 80% or so. The battery still works great. I was told about this procedure by a friend of mine who knows a whole lot about computers and phones. So I took his advice and I haven't regret it since then. Hope this helps some of you guys who are looking for a way to keep their batteries from deteriorating quickly.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I charge at night, I don't sleep early, battery holds up well @ 100% heath, charge often at around 20 - 30 % system seems to work well, I restart the phone around once a week - I close apps probably from habits years ago though Apple say it's unnecessary.
Edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.