Which Anti-EXE software should I use?

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Please help me to choose the best anti exe software also comment down if you have better suggestion than the two I have given in the pool. Thank You.

Poll removed due the in-comparability

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: shmu26 and Motion

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Just to clarify, AppGuard is a Software Restriction Policy (SRP) application, not an anti-exe. But, it blocks .exe, especially in the User Space, so it has the feature of an anti-exe. :)

You can't go wrong with either AppGuard or VoodooShield. I like both, but I'm using AppGuard. :)

There's also NVT Exe Radar. This is a classic anti-exe application. You may want this. It's great. The latest beta versions are free. :)

D

Deleted member 178

Indeed Appguard is SRP not anti-exe and it has nothing to do with Anti-exe since it don't give any prompts to answer or has any command line parser.

It should be removed from the poll and the discussion. However NVT ERP, SecureA+ , faronics' Anti-Executable should be added instead.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Thank you for all your comments as I have seen in a post here only there it was mentioned as anti executable yes there is NVT EXE as i don't know about this product so I have not added.

I have Appguard installed but it almost block every exe files even some trusted companies files can any one suggest me what shall I do.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thank you for all your comments as I have seen in a post here only there it was mentioned as anti executable yes there is NVT EXE as i don't know about this product so I have not added.

I have Appguard installed but it almost block every exe files even some trusted companies files can any one suggest me what shall I do.
Which anti-exe? Best to start with Voodooshield, and take the stable version, not a beta. It is free, it is user-friendly, and it does the job very well. (When the new NVT ERP comes out, you might want to switch at that point.)

What to do about Appguard blocks?
It depends on the situation. RULE NUMBER ONE is you must lower protection level whenever you install or uninstall a program.
If you have a more specific problem, please post on an AppGuard thread.

SUPRA

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
I want to ask one thing I am having ESET Internet security and appguard installed can you tell me if I need any more security application then please suggest also I am having Hitman Pro alert so shall I install it with these please share some thoughts.

Reactions: shmu26 and XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I want to ask one thing I am having ESET Internet security and appguard installed can you tell me if I need any more security application then please suggest also I am having Hitman Pro alert so shall I install it with these please share some thoughts.
You don't need anything else if you already have ESET Internet Security and AppGuard.

But you may also install HMP.A if you really want it. Personally, I don't have anything against installing HMP.A because it's a great anti-exploit.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
My opinion, is use the one you tested against malware, and you know its settings.

Start with one antiexe you want test and try yourself if it has incompatbilities with other software, its footprint on RAM, memory leaks, and other things.

Before I use a software on my system I disassemble it to see how it works, if I like what I see, I use it.

Reactions: Solarlynx

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.