Which Anti-EXE software should I use?

AppGuard is software restriction policy. It is not an anti-executable. Comparing software restriction policy and anti-executable is invalid. I even made that mistake once, but you live and learn.

AppGuard is the better product.

Edit: Despite no requirement to do so, a member here feels sorely affronted by my original post so I will make a clarification to pacify that person.

As I explained to that person this thread is an opinion thread with an opinion poll attached to it and therefore the part of my of original post that states "AppGuard is the better product" reflects my personal opinion and based upon my own experience. Such a statement is permitted since the FTC rules governing advertising and marketing do not apply here.

I am entitled to my own opinions and I am entitled to express them.

Legally, the Federal Trade Commission permits companies to promote their products with claims of superiority over competing products—or over previous versions of the company's own products. A certain latitude of boasts is expected and permitted by the FTC. However, that was not the case here.

Besides, the original post is not an advertisement. It certainly was not a false nor misleading advertisement. And finally, my statements did not harm, nor could they have harmed, any person nor party to the standard required to prove a violation of any state or federal business or consumer protection laws.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I would say neither to be honest. A normal user doesnt need an Anti EXE or Restriction Policy Software. If you really need to go such route, then EMET is good enough granted you fully configure it yourself properly.

Nevertheless, both Appguard and NVT are good in their own ways. Depends how you would use your own system.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Another way is use Kaspersky Total Security for your AV, and Firewall, which it has a built in application control module, it also works flawlessly with HMPA.

That is if you still trust Kasapersky.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I would recommend Voodooshield. The developer never stops, Dan is always improving the software.

Reactions: askmark

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.