- Oct 11, 2014
My Mac got JS/Kryptik.ALB. what is the best antivirus/anti-malware for Mac?
As with Windows, there is no best antivirus or anti-malware product on the market. Mac OS X has GateKeeper, you should check that it's enabled, http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5290
Bottom Line: Never rely on your AV to protect your PC (Windows, Mac or Linux).
- Regularly check for OS + security updates
- Ensure Java is updated with the latest version
- Remember to keep all other third-party Apps updated
- Use a secure web browser (ie. Google Chrome)
- Always check reviews before using any browser extensions
- Never download/run files from unknown sites, or suspicious emails attachments
You can check files downloaded with VirusTotal, using their Uploader tool for Mac OS, https://www.virustotal.com/uk/documentation/desktop-applications/mac-osx-uploader