Compare list
Antivirus

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
well avg has a stupid ui glitch as it shows only big updates and then the rest of the hourly updates are not shown at the ui and it kindda gets into my nerves
I don’t think that’s a bug. They only update the full engine once or twice a day, but do streaming updates constantly. The main ui just shows the last full update and you have to dig into the settings to see when the last streaming update was.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
The question of which Antivirus is a million Dollar question :D

Personally I would try to choose 2-3 option between all others. I would consider what other members here mentioned (as they are pretty experienced) and also I would consider AV-TEST.org and AVComperatives results, although not all the time their results would actually show the real-world scenarios.

Then I would install the Trial version of my selected Brands and will see if the GUI, features, performance and in general the user experience would satisfy me.

The second important fact to consider is the Privacy. Some brands might not be suitable for your country and in general when it comes to the privacy some brands have a bad reputation. I might select a different brand if I would live in the US or Russia or EU countries.

(y)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'll keep an eye out.. :)
Shouldn't performance improve over time?
Thanks

That's a good question. Most modern security products will decrease resource usage after a few days as it completes its database of known files in your computer, whatever each product calls this. An increase in resource usage would be completely unexpected and could indicate a conflict with a new driver or hardware...

Also this is why you never should rage uninstall a product because it has a high resource usage just after installing... wait at least for a week before deciding.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.