Compare list
Antivirus

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Bitdefender is one of those products that can't be properly tested when you turn off modules, the same applies to ESET. They work similarly in this aspect... Before a malware is allowed to run it must go through web filter, cloud behavior analysis, local behavior analysis and heuristics. Both products behavior analysis needs multiple modules active that monitor distinct parts of the system. Turn them off and you weaken your protection.
Oh don't get me wrong I understand this about BD, and am currently running it on the machine I'm typing on. I was just speculating as to the reason this was stated.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
I would suggest Kaspersky or Bitdefender, for my system I have chosen Bitdefender Total Security with unlimited VPN subscription, I have had this setup+Voodoo-Shield & some second opinion scanners for 5 years: never any problems or Virus in all this time. :) ;)
is Voodoo-Shield slowing down your operations? I mean like when you're installing or uninstalling software?

DotNet

Level 1
Verified
Sep 4, 2017
is Voodoo-Shield slowing down your operations? I mean like when you're installing or uninstalling software?
You right click on the tray icon and then right click on the current protection mode "Smart/Agressive" and select "Disable/Install". It's a minor inconvenience for rock solid protection. Most software you can install by clicking on the tray icon and it turns red. This lower it's security posture for installs but can still need the first method for system level software like drivers and antivirus software.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I appreciate switching to a new antivirus to give it a try, but I always come back to my beloved Kaspersky (actually KTS) that I started using with "Pure" over 10 years ago. I have tried practically all the software on the market, each one has its advantages and disadvantages but it is with Kaspersky that I am most comfortable and that I feel the most secure.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Hello,
I appreciate switching to a new antivirus to give it a try, but I always come back to my beloved Kaspersky (actually KTS) that I started using with "Pure" over 10 years ago. I have tried practically all the software on the market, each one has its advantages and disadvantages but it is with Kaspersky that I am most comfortable and that I feel the most secure.

There is a strong psychological factor in choosing a security product. If it makes you feel safe, then stick to it. We have too many reasons to be anxious and our security software shouldn't be one more :)

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
There is a strong psychological factor in choosing a security product. If it makes you feel safe, then stick to it. We have too many reasons to be anxious and our security software shouldn't be one more :)
You are right @mlnevese , at my basic computer science level my feeling is 100% subjective and 90% psychological.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
I did a quick check and I only found this form... I will keep you updated if I find a new/easier method.

This goes back to the bureaucracy of the countries of DACH region. Which is good and bad :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.