Which Antivirus to purchase?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Buying an Antivirus/Suite software is a waste of time and money.
  • Improve your security knowledge and awareness
  • Implement a backup plan
  • If you want additional security, invest in non-AV security solutions
If you use Windows 10, upgrade to latest stable build for the most up to date security features that Windows Defender can offer.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I hope it's not too late. None from the store. Go to Wilders Security or check the Giveaway section here on MT and get one with a big discount or even a 1 year free license. I think Zemana still has their 751 day license. Just use WD and ZAM and you're already at the level of protection of anything you have to pay for.

:)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Everything relies on what specifications your computer possesses. Since all those options are great, i would suggest you go with the lightest one that does not sacrifice your performance. Don't waste your money on poducts that may slow down your system.

My recommendation: download free trials for those programs and test how they perform on your system (one at a time!). Come to a conclusion by yourself.

If no problems are found with all of them, i would go with Kaspersky.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I'm confused between BitDefender and kaspersky!!!!!

Either one will serve you well but on a personal note, i have used both of them and prefer Kaspersky mainly because Bitdefender didn't perform very well on my system (W7) and you can configure more with Kaspersky if you wish so that gets my vote but please take the advice given above and test the trial versions first to see which suits you better then make your choice based on your own experience.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i read that kaspersky is acting with russia against the usa and it's allies. it could have a back door in it. i will not pay for kaspersky. the money would help putin's aggression.

i got a deal for bitdefender total security for $20. i can not do any thing else, while doing a full scan. it takes all the PC power. i have a core i5 processor and 8GB of memory. Emsisoft emergency kit also takes all my PC power. i will do a full scan with zemana free, only.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
i read that kaspersky is acting with russia against the usa and it's allies. it could have a back door in it. i will not pay for kaspersky. the money would help putin's aggression.
You can't believe everything you read. There is no actual proof, to back up the claims.

D

Deleted member 178

i have a core i5 processor and 8GB of memory. Emsisoft emergency kit also takes all my PC power. i will do a full scan with zemana free, only.
so you have a problem somewhere, because i have a old laptop (i5 3230 & 6Gb RAM) and Emsisoft is running smooth.

Reactions: mlnevese

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.