Battle Which Archiver to choose?

Compare list
winrar
winzip
power archiver

learningexp

Level 1
Nov 7, 2015
I was also searching for a replacement for 7zip due to security concerns. I found

Nanazip

open-source, fork of 7-zip, digitally signed, beautiful UI, available in Microsoft Store, supports Mark of the web too (MOTW).

Find it on github or in the store (make sure you install the preview version, for latest updates).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I was also searching for a replacement for 7zip due to security concerns. I found

Nanazip

open-source, fork of 7-zip, digitally signed, beautiful UI, available in Microsoft Store, supports Mark of the web too (MOTW).

Find it on github or in the store (make sure you install the preview version, for latest updates).
There is a thread here: Question - NanaZip
At the moment the stable and preview update are the same:
We are excited to announce that we've released the NanaZip 2.1 Preview 0 and is now available for download. NanaZip 2.1 Preview 0 is as same as NanaZip 2.0 Update 1 except the version information.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017

Nanazip

What are the security issues with 7zip?

Reactions: roger_m

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
If it is paid I go with WinRAR and free I go with 7-Zip. I don't know PeaZip.
Main Zip is WinRAR for my personal PC and PeaZip for my work and also that i install it on every PCs as Staff, School, etc

Best free zip 7zip & Peazip as 2nd.
i liked PeaZip because of the UI, very cute and its open source, give it a try yourself.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Main Zip is WinRAR for my personal PC and PeaZip for my work and also that i install it on every PCs as Staff, School, etc

Best free zip 7zip & Peazip as 2nd.
i liked PeaZip because of the UI, very cute and its open source, give it a try yourself.
Thank you very much for sharing, I didn't know and it's old, Peazip exists since 2006. I've even downloaded it, I'm going to load it on my memory card. Just being open source I already loved it. It is multilingual, multiplatform, dark mode, portable version, and I liked it right away when I opened it. Peazip is like that saying, love at first sight. Full of features, themes, etc.;)

ch4mla

Jan 26, 2023
peazip, bandizip (I prefer this one). Both variants of 7zip. And anyways, you need to have winrar installed as well if you would like to be able to archive files in the rar format using any other archiver due to licensing restriction :) :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.