Advice Request Which Bitdefender engine using AV is better ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Emsisoft would definitly be my choice. I use it and recommend it after using several known antivirus/suites.

I always loved F-Secure but i had two known issues with it:

• The high false positives number
  • A huge problem to fix/delete malware (75% of the time it couldn't deal with the malware). This was anyways an year ago.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bitdefender! 1 ( most updated bitdefender engine )

F secure 2
Total 360/gdata 3

Every av wich uses bitdefender is outdated
Got a link (source) for this, and how can I check which version of the Bitdefender engine is being used?

@RoboMan F-Secure scored high (41) with FPs in latest AVC results, good to mention it before OP makes a decision.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I would definitely have to go with Emsisoft. Dual engines, in my opinion the best behavior blocker out there, top-notch cloud network, strong adherence to customer privacy, simple yet powerful/configurable firewall (really like the unknown programs option), great loyalty program, and very proactive customer support (which is pretty hard to come by).

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Bitdefender! 1 ( most updated bitdefender engine )

F secure 2
Total 360/gdata 3

Every av wich uses bitdefender is outdated
Bd engine...

But i am probaly gonna use F secure as my main av in the future so it should be the best choice ;)
I thought you liked Avira.

Reactions: ttto
D

Deleted member 178

Last edited by a moderator:

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Wrong again, dude stop posting misinformation. You just say stuff without even checking the fact.

For example, Emsisoft uses the same engine version that BDIS. They made a platform made by BD so most of their customers get the definitions and engine.
I read it some time ago...
Example: Bullguard uses 2 day older engine than butdefender itself..

You make misformation for saying bd engine is as updated as bd itself..

Also i know the most people here like Emsisoft..
But test it F secure and avira is way better ...

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.