Advice Request Which Bitdefender engine using AV is better ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you want Bitdefender engine, just go with Bitdefender! Always up-to-date.
Please note that Bitdefender is probably no longer the best engine, Kaspersky seems to be more solid in the past few months.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
If you want Bitdefender engine, just go with Bitdefender! Always up-to-date.
Please note that Bitdefender is probably no longer the best engine, Kaspersky seems to be more solid in the past few months.
Look at the last av comperatives test..

Idc about it but u guess you do?

Reactions: brod56

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
@Xsjx Pls, forget those compererative tests, they are just indicative direction, depend what is their test system overall etc.... So, keep they just giving user some point of view only, this whole best this and best that is totally bull"horn". It is all about BIG i mean HUGE business and marketing system and people who provider could over speaking with them then they got some pls if you got 1 user for us you got 0,,,,1% discount your next year subscription. Pheww.. shortly, its all about business marketing, people, $$$ that's it!

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Look at the last av comperatives test..

Idc about it but u guess you do?

Do not get me wrong, Bitdefender is probably my favourite AV.
However, like @BugCode says, these comparatives are €€€ and not real-world tests.
If you check some VirusTotal samples (mainly ransomware) Bitdefender often takes 1/2 days to detect new files while Kaspersky usually takes just a few hours.
Take this with a grain of salt for sure.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Do not get me wrong, Bitdefender is probably my favourite AV.
However, like @BugCode says, these comparatives are €€€ and not real-world tests.
If you check some VirusTotal samples (mainly ransomware) Bitdefender often takes 1/2 days to detect new files while Kaspersky usually takes just a few hours.
Take this with a grain of salt for sure.
Avira isnt seen on virustotal because no cloud..

Reactions: brod56
D

Deleted member 178

You make misformation for saying bd engine is as updated as bd itself...
Read this : Antivirus programs that use Bitdefender' Engine and go back to the classroom kid, because you don't know what you talking about.
Also i know the most people here like Emsisoft..But test it F secure and avira is way better ..
Who cares, to me AVs suxx anyway. I personally don't need them. i rely on stronger methods like SRPs.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
In this order:

Emsisoft
G-Data
F-Secure
Threattrack Vipre

Just like the Big Four of Thrash Metal. The top Four here are the Big Four of companies that utilize Bitdefenders engine. IMO :D

Reactions: Parsh and ZeroDay

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
Emsisoft is my favourite at the moment, and also the AV I am using atm.
It's not purely Bitdefender engine, as it does use two different engines. I also really like the firewall and as stated by another user, the self protection feature (unknown program behaviour block) of prompting the user for an action before an unknown software does any harm or changes.
It can however get annoying if you don't care much about security, to review and update rules on every new software that runs on your machine.
I also really love their customer support, which is something I value a lot. Whenever I find a false positive, they not only fix is pretty fast but also email me back.

Reactions: Parsh and brod56

Amit Raina

Level 3
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
i am using F secure since 2 years ....its very light weight and detection is very good and stable product then bitdefender

Reactions: ttto

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Tencent PC Manager is quite possibly the lightest antivirus using BD. But it had some bugs the last time I used it/
Only problem with Tencent is adwcleaner hates it, malwarebytes hates it ,and a few others .Just wonder why these programs treat Tencent as bad,when it actually does a good job.

Reactions: A.S.K
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.