Advice Request Which cloud storage do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which cloud storage do you use?

• Dropbox

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • OneDrive

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Google

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Amazon

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Jottacloud

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • MediaFire

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Box

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I know but I have slow download/upload speed to pCloud (max. 1 MB/s, few months ago I could upload max. 5 MB/s, don't know what happened) while on MEGA I can download and upload at higher speeds (up to 12 MB/s). Any particular reason why you don't trust MEGA?

I have FTTH internet and it's actually not that expensive. I'm paying 23€ for FLAT internet and unlimited phone. :)

Mega is formerly Megaupload right? Also I have read some articles about Mega ( and the conflict between the owner and his wife -_-). I prefer using Dropbox! Anyway I pay 30$/month for 8 Mb/s download and 1 Mb/s upload

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Go the above link, just use Dutch IP and put in your email address. After some days you will get an invite code. Create an account using the above link while using Dutch IP and put in Netherlands as you country. Use search engine find postal code etc. And in the end put in the code, after some time your 1 TB will be there.
I use translator addon in FF, it effectively translates the site.

From what you're saying I can see that it is not intended for international users, so why use it? anything special about it ?

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Mega is formerly Megaupload right? Also I have read some articles about Mega ( and the conflict between the owner and his wife -_-). I prefer using Dropbox! Anyway I pay 30$/month for 8 Mb/s download and 1 Mb/s upload
Megaupload was, according to Wikipedia, closed down on 19th of January 2012. One year after close down, MEGA was launched and it's under different company (Mega Ltd.) which is based in New Zealand.

IMO sensitive data should be encrypted before uploading it to cloud or not uploaded at all.
From what you're saying I can see that it is not intended for international users, so why use it? anything special about it ?
Well, 1 TB is pretty strong reason. :D
Just kidding, I wouldn't use it either if it's not available on English or for users from other countries.

Last edited:

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Megaupload was, according to Wikipedia, closed down on 19th of January 2012. One year after close down, MEGA was launched and it's under different company (Mega Ltd.) which is based in New Zealand.

IMO sensitive data should be encrypted before uploading it to cloud or not uploaded at all.

Well, 1 TB is pretty strong reason. :D
Just kidding, I wouldn't use it either if it's not available on English or for users from other countries.

I have downloaded Kryptel (giveaway version) to encrypt any sensitive file before uploading it! I think such generous offers make one feel that sth suspicious is happening

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
MEGA would be the MegaUpload successor, but Kim Dotcom (the owner) moved on to MegaUpload 2.0 that would have been released this January, however its release was postponed for later due to "problems" (no specific launch date as of yet, but it should be soon).

Right now, Kim does not own MEGA anymore (it was transferred to some questionable Chinese entrepreneurs or something), and he has recommended against using it for storing any files (apparently he doesn't trust the new owners).

I'd still recommend MEGA for storing non-critical files though.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
MEGA would be the MegaUpload successor, but Kim Dotcom (the owner) moved on to MegaUpload 2.0 that would have been released this January, however its release was postponed for later due to "problems" (no specific launch date as of yet, but it should be soon).

Right now, Kim does not own MEGA anymore (it was transferred to some questionable Chinese entrepreneurs or something), and he has recommended against using it for storing any files (apparently he doesn't trust the new owners).

Mega is fast but I will never trust it. Now I am thinking of Jottacloud and currently testing it

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015

Well, you can store all kind of files but if you want to send documents, I recommend that you encrypt them first.

There is no 100% secure cloud service except the one you host yourself.

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I currently use Google Drive, Dropbox, and Onedrive. One drive I use for Uni where I can upload photos for the class projects etc, Dropbox I use for my photography, and Google drive I use for mainly for photos, because I have the Google Pixel I get unmetered Google Drive when it comes to photos.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I think that's it - https://www.transip.nl/stack/

Website is in Dutch so you won't understand much. I tried to translate it using Google Translate, Bing Translator and Yandex.Translate but neither of them succeeded because they can't translate HTTPS pages.

Last year i also created an account at transip.nl. They are offering 1TB space. And yes: the site is
in Dutch only: thats a problem... And on the dutch site there is no link to the english/international
version of transip.nl. ....

Three days ago I started this thread in their support forum: https://www.transip.nl/forum/post/prm/5308

In this thread I wanted to if know if this adress https://www.transip.eu/ is the official adress for european/international customers.The answer was: yes, this is the official site for international customers and this page is in english ....so guys we should't have no problems anymore with Dutch... ;) :D

cu

Last edited:
Reactions: ispx and askmark

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Last year i also created an account at transip.nl. They are offering 1TB space. And yes: the site is
in Dutch only: thats a problem... And on the dutch site there is no link to the english/international
version of transip.nl. ....

Three days ago I started this thread in their support forum: https://www.transip.nl/forum/post/prm/5308

In this thread I wanted to if know if this adress https://www.transip.eu/ is the official adress for european/international customers.The answer was: yes, this is the official site for international customers and this page is in english ....so guys we should't have no problems anymore with Dutch... ;) :D

cu
Yeah, but I don't see cloud option on european website.

Reactions: ispx

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Currently using both Dropbox and OneDrive for all of my documents (and Google Photos for pictures if that counts as storage)

Reactions: McLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.