Battle Which Company do you trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I figured I'll post a big poll and I want to see which Computer Security company do you trust the most in terms of:

Quality, Customer Service/care, etc.

Note: I enabled Multiple Choices in the polls
Please do not choose all of them, try to select at a maximum of 3 so consider it your top 3 if you want.

Mine (Not in order):
Kaspersky Labs, Symantec (Norton), Avast, and Comodo.
(I know I choose more than 3 but I really couldn't leave comodo out)

(If I'm missing any vendors please choose "Other" and comment because I can only put 10 options)
Make sure you comment on what you have chosen and the reason why you trust the vendor if you want.

D

Deleted member 178

I like (but no trust) 2 companies:

Comodo: for making CIS (and mostly all of their products) complete and free when it will be easier to make it paid.

Emsisoft: for making their products very solid without fluffy resource-hog gadget features.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Most users don't do research on products or companies, they just trust whatever is recommended by other users.

If you are one of these users who do preform research on products and companies and keep up with the latest software news, your opinion of who you trust and who you don't trust might be much different.

I don't trust any companies who are known to have shady business relationships (currently or in the past) with known adware, rogueware or other malware. I don't trust companies that are know to be involved to create paranoia, scareware, false advertising, fake malware tests results, publishing fake reports or reviews of their products or encouraging their members to spamadvertise security forums. I don't trust companies that have shady or unclear privacy policies.

After all said and done only a very few stand out for me to trust.
Not to mention any names, info isn't that hard to find if you are willing to search.

Thanks.:D

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
I chose...
Avast for their free antivirus program with the sandbox feature (so I don't have to use sandboxie).
Comodo for their firewall (and a little anti-malware support)
Emsisoft for their great anti-malware program which I use on demand.
Other for Malwarebytes for on demand as well it will find what my other programs can't.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I think I misunderstanding the question? So i am not voting but about trust I can say that how can I trust av companies which sponsor hacker to make malware for increase there product sale

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Stonecold said:
I think I misunderstanding the question?

The question is asking that which company do you trust, meaning I trust Trend Micro more then let's say AVG because I have been using Trend for years now and trust them.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
McLovin said:
Stonecold said:
I think I misunderstanding the question?

The question is asking that which company do you trust, meaning I trust Trend Micro more then let's say AVG because I have been using Trend for years now and trust them.

I mean to say the question is about Like or Trust.
If i have to answer I will say I Like ESET
I Trust None
I Untrust "COMODO"

D

Deleted member 178

Yes the question is not "do you trust AV companies for their behavior" but more "which companies' products do you trust?"

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Stonecold the question means which companies product you would install on your pc and stay worry free and trust that product to make all security related decisions for you.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HeffeD said:
Stonecold said:
I can say that how can I trust av companies which sponsor hacker to make malware for increase there product sale

I don't think anybody would trust a company that did this...

Only one company comes to mind that actually created malware to increase their product sales, popularity and got caught releasing it into the wild. That is Rising. However they are still the #1 AV company in China. So many people still trust them believe it or not. I'm sure other companies also have did the same at one time or another but yet to be caught in their actions. Many paid only AV vendors are loosing sales do to freeware AV's and they are trying whatever trick in the book to get their sales back.

What comes to my mind lately is falsified malware activity reports published many paid versions trying to make users believe malware infections are worse than what it really are. And malware infection reports that only apply to companies, businesses and corp, not home users.

Like I said in my previous post, creating paranoia to increase sales and popularity. Even some freeware vendors are guilty.

"Actions speak loader than words" if a company is known to have bad actions then sooner or later it will reflect into their products.

Thanks.:D

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I trust Avast, Comodo, McAfee ( I tested briefly his McAfee Internet Security and it wasn't bad. But I uninstalled it, because it was trial and I install only McAfee Site Advisor.)

Also I trust Avira, because its very good security software.

And I trust producers of Malwarebytes Anti Malware, because this software is very good malware detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.