Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Nod32 on Win7 desktop
Kaspersky IS on Win8.1 laptop

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
PC Tools is "Threatfire". It is abandonware, but I have it tweaked to the gills. I injected it pretty heavily.
I used to use Dr. Web CureIt on-demand, but now i simply use HitMan Pro. I also now use WSA.

Reactions: ImtheBest

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm trying ESET Smart Security 7, and I like it. It's lighter than Comodo Internet Security, and it has a great antivirus database. I really like the fact that is detecting and removing PUP's.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
GDATA 2014 Internet security All components on (except for its email and spam protection)

As needed Malwarebytes Real time
Regular on demand scans with Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I use Avira Free with privatefirewall for Windows XP, and yet I'm considering replacing it for Comodo IS 6 free recommended by those who know (You KNOW who you are!) :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnosis

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
For Protection, I'm using Eset Smart Security 7.

Just scanner, i'm using PCMedia Antivirus (PCMAV) from PCMedia Magazine and Kompas Antivirus

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Avira was good when tweaked when I used it. CIS is maybe a bit better, which requires tweaking as well. Both are flexible, but CIS more so.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
PC Tools is "Threatfire". It is abandonware, but I have it tweaked to the gills. I injected it pretty heavily.
I used to use Dr. Web CureIt on-demand, but now i simply use HitMan Pro. I also now use WSA.

Whats WSA? also Can u PM me how u tweaked PC Tools i might go with it. How do u tweak antivruse's never know u could

D

Deleted member 178

Whats WSA? also Can u PM me how u tweaked PC Tools i might go with it. How do u tweak antivruse's never know u could
WSA = Webroot Secure Anywhere

Tweaking an AV means maximize its efficiency via its settings & options

Reactions: ImtheBest

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Avira was good when tweaked when I used it. CIS is maybe a bit better, which requires tweaking as well. Both are flexible, but CIS more so.
The free version Avira I use has absolutely no "tweakability". It may be a similar experience to buying discounted fireworks late on the 4th of July. Maybe we just get what we pay for. I can't complain that I've picked a Dud since it's free!;) It does have (3) buttons. (1) for "Scan Sytem", another to "Start update", and a very special (1) with the word "Upgrade" I just tried for the very first time! Pushing this button felt dangerous:eek: & FUN like something out of "Alice in Wonderland" IE: "Drink me!" or :rolleyes: "Eat me!", lol! :p Here's what we find "going down the rabbit hole": "Stronger antivirus, protection for tablets and smartphones as well as 5GB of online storage. (..& another button!!) "Upgrade to Avira Antivirus Suite $44.99". o_O I think I'll wake up now.:D *ooh,:confused: actually (after reading Umbra Polaris' comment) I'd found the "tweaking" rabbit hole. (..just had to look to find the engine's hood!)

Last edited:

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Im using linux mint os and have no av installed at all.
Or should i be running one?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.