Advice Request Which Disk Defrag Software do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Disk Defrag Software do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
2-3 years ago i performed on my SSD a so called "clean" installation of win7. When you start the installation routine of windows then windows automatically chooses the best settings (defragementation, trim, pre-fetch, etc) for your SSD. As far as i know:
by default windows turns all optimization options off for a SSD. Simply because they are 'useless': the don't increase the
performance of a SSD. You should not change these settings made by the windows setup/setup routine for a SSD.
Also: any other tools/3rd party tools that are offering optimizations for a SSD are also simply useless/not recomended.

On the other side: defragmentation of HDDs is neccessary. It increases the performance and reliability of a HDD.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Before even considering buying which I'm really tempted to what are your opinion with Diskeeper?! It now uses DRAM which was previously only available with V-locity sort of RAM cache.

Last edited:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

None - I have 2 SSDs & 2 HDDs - you shouldn't defrag an SSD

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
This is why I'm not using defrag software anymore :)

SSD850Pro2TB_zpszc8rboqd.png

Adz.

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2016
MyDefrag is the fastest. It's currently what i'm using for both my SSDs and HDDs!

I dumped all the other 3rd party defrags, all rubbish.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I use Windows Defrag running from Windows USB at boot, it is fast and it performs pretty well.

Attachments

• DwhuZFx.jpg
    DwhuZFx.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 428
Reactions: military

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
In the past i used auslogics and smartdefrag, but since Windows 8 and 10 I use Windows built-in Defragmenter which i find also realy good.... i think there is no need for all these other programs.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I had to select SSD you don't have the "Hybrid" option up there,
I was using the default windows tool, I can Defrag a hybrid drive
but I was trying to not "optimize" it too frequently .
I may look at O&O seeing how many here swear by it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.