Advice Request Which DNS Server do you use? /DNS Tunnelling

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which DNS Server(s) do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
Unfortunately neither norton nor comodo are available on iPhone

But I set adguard DNS now. They seems a little slower than default DNS . But considering Google DNS are much slower ( on my phone , not on my PCs , when I have them ) , they are acceptable .

You can use Norton DNS on your phone, you just have to go into your phone's wifi settings and enter the DNS addresses - on the Norton DNS website just tell it you're configuring for PC, the servers are the exact same & it's totally allowed to use on phone/mobile devices too:)

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Now adguard DNS seem as fast as the previous , even the speed test says that . Maybe it depends on the time or it was just an impression.

Anyway : in my iPhone , I see the option " search domain" ( probably there is in Windows too but i never saw it and never cared about ): could someon tell me with what it should be filled if you change DNS ?
For example now there is the name of my home adsl provider ( I never checked if it changes when I , rarely , use other WI-FIs) even if I set adguard DNS . But it worked even if I wrote adguard.com.

I ask that either in term of security or surfing speed.

I tried googleing but I did not get much

You can use Norton DNS on your phone, you just have to go into your phone's wifi settings and enter the DNS addresses - on the Norton DNS website just tell it you're configuring for PC, the servers are the exact same & it's totally allowed to use on phone/mobile devices too:)

Thank you

Im using DnsCrypt and CloudNS via Simple DNsCrypt apps to avoid MITM attacks :)

Hi! I read your config. Could you tell me in simple and quickly words how dnscrypt rises the level of security ?

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
and I don't know if it is a coincidence but since adguard DNS I don't see anymore ads in iPhone app. App like ookla speedtest ( had a banner after the test ), Eurosport ( had a banner at the bottom) , wordreference( same as Eurosport ).

I have to thank DNS ?
AdGuard dns blocks ads. :) Thats a big+ for use the dns service!

D

Deleted member 178

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Does someone know how to easily and fastly switch DNS on iPhone without typing them every time ( In the same network) ?
I wonder why you wanna switch between DNS-es?
I think there is no such app. Maybe there is if you jailbreak but I don't know

DNS Override can change DNS but via VPN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.