Which do you think are better, European antivirus or American Antivirus.

Which do you prefer European Antivirus or American Antivirus?

• European antivirus

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • American Antivirus.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Voted "doesn't matter." Unless there's a bad actor somewhere. Which is unlikely right now.

I use the American Windows Defender but it is heavily customized and supplemented with first and third party applications. This is for convenience and to conserve disk space primarily. Its performance against malicious software and zero days especially varies too much in what formal and informal testing I've read about. But as it stands now, I'm very satisfied with it.
Laughing, friend @plat1098. M $ is not a company dedicated to antivirus, such as Karspersky or Bitdefender or Eset, these are focused on your AV and I think it is still far from competing with third-party AV, although for us, security enthusiasts, we do it well. We support it with other types of programs such as. Configure Defender, etc., but this is not known to any normal person.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Configure Defender, etc., but this is not known to any normal person.

Well, I always suspected I was abnormal, Bribon. 😭 But isn't Defender an antivirus in its own right? Either way, I do see your point. OK, how 'bout Vipre? That's American and attempted to gain customers at Kaspersky's expense when all that spy-crap was going on a while back.

It doesn't matter for me. But it probably matters for many who are influenced by the media or word of mouth, in one region or another. I respect that.

By the way, Bribon, would you like to say hello to my little friend here? :ROFLMAO:

download (1).jpg

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, I always suspected I was abnormal, Bribon. 😭 But isn't Defender an antivirus in its own right? Either way, I do see your point. OK, how 'bout Vipre? That's American and attempted to gain customers at Kaspersky's expense when all that spy-crap was going on a while back.

It doesn't matter for me. But it probably matters for many who are influenced by the media or word of mouth, in one region or another. I respect that.

By the way, Bribon, would you like to say hello to my little friend here? :ROFLMAO:

You know my weaknesses.(y)🤣🤣🤣

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
EMSISOFT was founded in Austria, but is now based in New Zealand.

As for the poll, I use products based on how well they detect malware and suit my needs rather than where they come from.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Considering that PC security has a structure similar to that of Western medicine, I think it would be fine to have security software based on Eastern medicine.

Let's start by putting a medicinal herb in front of the pc.:ROFLMAO::coffee:🌱🌱💻

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, I have used Comodo Firewall for a long time and I have felt protected and I think it is my favorite program, and it is a US program. But I think that there is more diversity with the European AV, accepting Norton that has a good level, I think that there is more AV in Europe at that level.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Trend Micro is a company that was founded in the United States by Taiwanese and moved its headquarters to Japan.
Because software companies often have such cases,I think it is difficult to include the region as a factor of choice.;)

Just look at the new Kaspersky icon. It's like Japanese anime!

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Trend Micro is a company that was founded in the United States by Taiwanese and moved its headquarters to Japan.
Because software companies often have such cases,I think it is difficult to include the region as a factor of choice.;)
Japan are investing/buying actively on solid cybersecurity companies. Japan isn't the best place to put an HQ (financially talking), seems more a demand from main investors.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.