Battle Which Free Uninstaller: IObit vs Geek vs Revo?

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I have not used the other softwares you have mentioned. So I can't tell the difference.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
How do you know that it finds more leftovers, done a test?
I've tested every uninstaller I've ever come across. I haven't recorded any test results, so I can't give any specific details about how much better Uninstall Tool is than Soft Organizer. But if you were to try both, you would no doubt reach the same conclusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: amirr

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I've tested every uninstaller I've ever come across. I haven't recorded any test results, so I can't give any specific details about how much better Uninstall Tool is than Soft Organizer. But if you were to try both, you would no doubt reach the same conclusion.

That i know about you but that is past tense, i meant recently.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
That i know about you but that is past tense, i meant recently.
I just installed WPS Office and then tested leftover scanning after uninstalling. Both Soft Organizer and Uninstall found zero leftovers, while HiBit found 23 leftover files and 56 registry keys. IObit Uninstaller Pro automatically did a scan in the background for leftovers and found 7 files and 3 registry keys.

I used Total Uninstall 6 to monitor the installation. When I ran it after letting HiBit remove the leftovers it found, it found over 300 more registry keys and two folders.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I just installed WPS Office and then tested leftover scanning after uninstalling. Both Soft Organizer and Uninstall found zero leftovers, while HiBit found 23 leftover files and 56 registry keys. IObit Uninstaller Pro automatically did a scan in the background for leftovers and found 7 files and 3 registry keys.

I used Total Uninstall 6 to monitor the installation. When I ran it after letting HiBit remove the leftovers it found, it found over 300 more registry keys and two folders.

I take it that it was the paid versions for both, Soft organizer and Uninstall tool?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I take it that it was the paid versions for both, Soft organizer and Uninstall tool?
No, the free versions, but that had no impact on the results. There is no free version of Uninstall Tool as such, but it offers the full functionality for thirty days as a trial. The paid Pro version of Soft Organizer doesn't do any better at finding leftovers than the free version. It just adds some features.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Well I will vote for Iobit.
These days it does a terrible job at finding leftovers compared to HiBit, Revo and some others. The automatic monitoring of installations works well, although it can't monitor all installations. But for cases where you are using it to uninstall software it hasn't monitored, it fails miserably at finding leftovers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azure

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
No, the free versions, but that had no impact on the results. There is no free version of Uninstall Tool as such, but it offers the full functionality for thirty days as a trial. The paid Pro version of Soft Organizer doesn't do any better at finding leftovers than the free version. It just adds some features.

Hm, this is getting more and more intriguing.
How can you know that it has no impact on the result when you have not tested the Pro versions, that really makes me curious.
Geek uninstaller is the free version, or put this way, Uninstall Tool is the Pro version of Geek. Look it up at the Geek site and you will see.

My basic interest that made me ask in the first place about this was, that i want to know, just as the poster in post #162, which one is the best of Geek/Uninstall Tool and Soft organizer.
I have a license for Soft org, but not for U-Tool, and their free trial is not with full features so i can not test it myself for certainty.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Hm, this is getting more and more intriguing.
How can you know that it has no impact on the result when you have not tested the Pro versions, that really makes me curious.
Geek uninstaller is the free version, or put this way, Uninstall Tool is the Pro version of Geek. Look it up at the Geek site and you will see.

My basic interest that made me ask in the first place about this was, that i want to know, just as the poster in post #162, which one is the best of Geek/Uninstall Tool and Soft organizer.
I have a license for Soft org, but not for U-Tool, and their free trial is not with full features so i can not test it myself for certainty.
There is no Pro version of Uninstall Tool, it's a paid product. Of course as you mentioned and I was already well aware of, there is a free version called Geek Uninstaller. As I explained in my last post Uninstall Tool is fully functional as a trial for thirty days. It has the exact same functionality as the paid version, so obviously it doesn't matter if you are using the trial version of have purchased a license, the results will be exactly the same.

Here is the features the Pro version of Soft Organizer has that the free version doesn't.

Pro Version Capabilities (Paid Version)​

Search for leftovers of the already uninstalled programs​

Allows you to remove leftovers of already uninstalled programs.

Tracked installation of programs​

Installs apps and tracks changes in the system to enable removing tracked elements later (powered by the Full Uninstall technology).

"Silent" program installation​

For those setup packages that support silent install, you can install applications in the "no questions asked" mode in one click.

New versions installation​

If newer versions of the installed programs are detected, Soft Organizer Pro will offer to update them in one click (available not for all programs).

None of those features are related to the scanning of leftovers. So once again, there will be no difference in results between the free and paid versions.

I was only testing the scanning for leftovers and not using the snapshot functions which keep a record of every file and registry key added when you install software. However, based on my testing and I did test every installer with monitoring three years ago, I found that Total Uninstall was the best in that regard. That is why I purchased a license. I would have preferred to use something that was cheaper or free, but it seemed to do a much better job than the alternatives.

Of course you are free to do your own testing and reach your own conclusions.

Reactions: amirr and upnorth

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
There is no Pro version of Uninstall Tool, it's a paid product. Of course as you mentioned and I was already well aware of, there is a free version called Geek Uninstaller. As I explained in my last post Uninstall Tool is fully functional as a trial for thirty days. It has the exact same functionality as the paid version, so obviously it doesn't matter if you are using the trial version of have purchased a license, the results will be exactly the same.

Here is the features the Pro version of Soft Organizer has that the free version doesn't.

None of those features are related to the scanning of leftovers. So once again, there will be no difference in results between the free and paid versions.

I was only testing the scanning for leftovers and not using the snapshot functions which keep a record of every file and registry key added when you install software. However, based on my testing and I did test every installer with monitoring three years ago, I found that Total Uninstall was the best in that regard. That is why I purchased a license. I would have preferred to use something that was cheaper or free, but it seemed to do a much better job than the alternatives.

Of course you are free to do your own testing and reach your own conclusions.

As i suspected, an old test that says nothing of the capacity today, that was my point for asking because i suspected that.
That`s why i wanted to know how you could know, so i, also could be as sure. But thanks for the info, at last, because now i know that the provided data is not any certain facts, today.

As for Uninstall Tool, the trial version do not have full features activated when trying it. Those you do not get until you buy it. At least that is how it was when i tested it some days ago.
Had it not been so i would have tested it already, a test many probably would have looked forward to since the program raises some interest among many. It is a bit unknown compared to many others like, Revo, HiBit, IObit etc etc.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As for Uninstall Tool, the trial version do not have full features activated when trying it. Those you do not get until you buy it. At least that is how it was when i tested it some days ago.
Had it not been so i would have tested it already, a test many probably would have looked forward to since the program raises some interest among many. It is a bit unknown compared to many others like, Revo, HiBit, IObit etc etc.
Well for me it is fully functional with nothing disabled. You just get reminders that it is a 30 day trial, after which you need to purchase it to continue using it.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Well for me it is fully functional with nothing disabled. You just get reminders that it is a 30 day trial, after which you need to purchase it to continue using it.

Nope, not fully functional. It was some time since you tried it, huh.
When uninstalling things, trying to, there pops-up a frame saying; this is only available in - bla bla... . Try it, and you will see!

I was about to do a test with Uninstall Tool and Soft Org, but that fell short due to that. But i could tell of the logs what IObit and U-T would have uninstalled.

U-T:
29 reg.entries
1 file

IObit:
1 reg.entrie
2 files

This was out of 210 reg.entries and 109 files when installing Firefox with it`s maintenance service.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Nope, not fully functional. It was some time since you tried it, huh.
When uninstalling things, trying to, there pops-up a frame saying; this is only available in - bla bla... . Try it, and you will see!
No, I used the latest version just two days ago to do my test. I received no such message. Just the reminder that it is a 30 day trial.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.