Battle Which Free Uninstaller: IObit vs Geek vs Revo?

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
No, I used the latest version just two days ago to do my test. I received no such message. Just the reminder that it is a 30 day trial.
If you downloaded from the programs homesite, as i did, then something is not quite right with this picture.

After installing the program, Uninstall tool, i installed Firefox, when that was done i tried to uninstall Firefox. Everything went well up to the point where it should erase the leftovers, then U-T showed a frame with info about what was to be erased and to do so one had to have a license. Then 3 alternativs was presented, buy a license, save the leftovers to a file, or just plainly abandone the whole action. Alternative 2 was of course meant to be used after a purchase, erasing it then.

The above happened 3-4 days ago and yesterday, so 2 times, exactly the same.
Did you really get the option to erase the leftovers and, successfully doing it! No reservations at all, just erasing it?!

Point me to the exact place/button from which you downloaded so i can use the same and try the above event once more.

To continue, since it informed about what and how much leftovers was to be erased, i could see that it was hardly nothing compared to what was installed. So a pretty large fail there i would say, IObit was worse as seen in my above post. I intend to test Soft Organizer shortly.

Reactions: Sorrento

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
If you downloaded from the programs homesite, as i did, then something is not quite right with this picture.
In my case it found no leftovers to delete. I just uninstalled a few more programs and although I let it scan for leftovers, in every case it found none. If it had found some to delete then I'm sure I have been told I needed to buy a license in order to delete them. But it didn't which explains why I didn't get the same notice that you did, as there was nothing to delete.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
In my case it found no leftovers to delete. I just uninstalled a few more programs and although I let it scan for leftovers, in every case it found none. If it had found some to delete then I'm sure I have been told I needed to buy a license in order to delete them. But it didn't which explains why I didn't get the same notice that you did, as there was nothing to delete.

So you have not even tried the feature that you say, dead sure, 2 times, exists in the trial version :rolleyes:. Man!
Well, i let some friends of mine try it also, same result. A not fully functioning trial version. The program does not erase the leftovers from the monitored installation, it only informs you that it can, if you buy it. So it is a teaser.

I how now also tested to monitor Firefox with Soft Organizer, disappointing result. But it did a lot better than IObit.

In conclusion after monitoring the installation of Firefox with: HiBit, IObit, Soft Organizer and Uninstall Tool, HiBit wins with a landslide. since it found over 340 files and registry items.
When it comes to the other ones, one might as well use Windows inbuilt uninstall feature and a cleaning program because that would result in a cleaner uninstall. So buying any of those programs would be a mistake, even Revo Free is better.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
So you have not even tried the feature that you say, dead sure, 2 times, exists in the trial version :rolleyes:. Man!
I don't think you understand. It scanned for leftovers but found none. How was I to know that if it had found leftovers it would have not been able to remove them? It certainly appeared to be a fully functional trial version and its website makes it appear to be that way too. Perhaps, the limit is only for installs which have been monitored. But I never said I used the install monitoring.
Download the full version now to take advantage of its features.
Free 30-day trial period.

Please bear in mind that sole reason for me testing it a few days ago was so that I could give you recent test results. But I feel like I wasted my time.

• Applause

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I don't think you understand. It scanned for leftovers but found none. How was I to know that if it had found leftovers it would have not been able to remove them? It certainly appeared to be a fully functional trial version and its website makes it appear to be that way too. Perhaps, the limit is only for installs which have been monitored. But I never said I used the install monitoring.

Please bear in mind that sole reason for me testing it a few days ago was so that I could give you recent test results. But I feel like I wasted my time.

You said, even 2 times, that you had tested it and that it came with full features, right. Now it shows that you had NOT, actually, tested what you said you tested and what the conversation was all about. So, yes, you are right, it was a wast of time. For me too. You usually come forward as a serious guy so by asking you, from the start, instead of testing it myself, i hoped to get straight facts, certainty, which i felt i could rely on because of that seriousness. But, if i had known this from the start, i would have tested it myself, directly, instead of posting here and get all these incorrect and time wasting answers. That would have gone much faster!

The good thing out of this though is that the user - Amirr, who posted post # 162 in this thread, has gotten an answer to his question, as well as myself. That was what started me out on this little journey. And the answer is that neither Soft Organizer or Uninstall Tool is worth the money. Revo and HiBit are MUCH better in what they do, and both are free.

The best of the bread is, even to my testing, Total Uninstaller, the question though is, is it really worth spending all that money on an uninstaller.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I don't feel any uninstaller does a decent job esp with complex programs - I usually check for registry entries & program entries left - I appreciate some don't feel the need but it don't take me long - I got a good offer from Revo as an ex customer & bought it a couple of months ago, worth it for me :p

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
You said, even 2 times, that you had tested it and that it came with full features, right. Now it shows that you had NOT, actually, tested what you said you tested and what the conversation was all about. So, yes, you are right, it was a wast of time. For me too. You usually come forward as a serious guy so by asking you, from the start, instead of testing it myself, i hoped to get straight facts, certainty, which i felt i could rely on because of that seriousness. But, if i had known this from the start, i would have tested it myself, directly, instead of posting here and get all these incorrect and time wasting answers. That would have gone much faster!
Once again you fail to understand. Firstly I never said I tested the install monitoring. Secondly, with regards to scanning for the leftovers, I did test that. Uninstall Tool uninstalled the software normally and then gave me the option to run a deep scan for leftovers. Every time I uninstalled something I let it run the scan. In every case, it found no leftovers, which is not a good result. However, because there were no leftovers to be deleted, I didn't receive the message saying I needed to buy a license to remove leftovers. It's clear that this message is only shown if there actually are leftovers to be deleted, which is why you got that message and I didn't.

Hopefully, this makes it clear now. I've done my best to describe what happened.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Once again you fail to understand. Firstly I never said I tested the install monitoring. Secondly, with regards to scanning for the leftovers, I did test that. Uninstall Tool uninstalled the software normally and then gave me the option to run a deep scan for leftovers. Every time I uninstalled something I let it run the scan. In every case, it found no leftovers, which is not a good result. However, because there were no leftovers to be deleted, I didn't receive the message saying I needed to buy a license to remove leftovers. It's clear that this message is only shown if there actually are leftovers to be deleted, which is why you got that message and I didn't.

Hopefully, this makes it clear now. I've done my best to describe what happened.

There are others here besides us that can read our conversation and they can see

Every time i ask you about your actions in this matter, you give an answer but at the same time omitt an answer, so i have to ask, again, just to get the full picture.This has been going on in several posts. When retesting U-T you say
----------------------------------------

The untold, the understaement here, in your conversation is, that it was all about the Monitoring factor of Soft Org. and U-T from the beginning. Just read the conversation from where it started, my first question and what it was based on, and you will see. Based on my now quoted post of yours it is clear that you have missed that, totally. Otherwise you would not have restested U-T the way you did (without the monitoring feature), which was a pointless action, or as you said, a waste of time.

But i leave this now since i have gotten my answers due to my own actions. I finish with a friendly advice for the future, which you probably take as an insult, when stating, with firmness, that this and that is so and so according to your testing, it has to be a fresh test, otherwise you have to inform about the time for the event of testing. When it is 3-years old, that is not a good base for a firm statement. Not saying so is to omitt vital data.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 94943

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
But i leave this now since i have gotten my answers due to my own actions. I finish with a friendly advice for the future, which you probably take as an insult, when stating, with firmness, that this and that is so and so according to your testing, it has to be a fresh test, otherwise you have to inform about the time for the event of testing. When it is 3-years old, that is not a good base for a firm statement. Not saying so is to omitt vital data.
Three years? It was three days ago and I did the test just for you, so it was a fresh test. I didn't omit anything. I made no mention of using the monitoring other than when using Total Uninstall. But perhaps I should have been clearer. Anyway, I didn't realise at the time you were specifically asking about install monitoring, since you didn't you didn't say that you were, and I'm certainly not a mind reader. This was your first post.
How do you know that it finds more leftovers, done a test?
If you actually stated you were referring to install monitoring, I would have tested that. But you didn't. How could I not take your comments as an insult, when you have criticised everything I've posted, when all I was doing was trying to be helpful.

Last edited:
  • Applause
F

ForgottenSeer 94943

There are others here besides us that can read our conversation and they can see

Every time i ask you about your actions in this matter, you give an answer but at the same time omitt an answer, so i have to ask, again, just to get the full picture.This has been going on in several posts. When retesting U-T you say
----------------------------------------

The untold, the understaement here, in your conversation is, that it was all about the Monitoring factor of Soft Org. and U-T from the beginning. Just read the conversation from where it started, my first question and what it was based on, and you will see. Based on my now quoted post of yours it is clear that you have missed that, totally. Otherwise you would not have restested U-T the way you did (without the monitoring feature), which was a pointless action, or as you said, a waste of time.

May I ask what are you trying to prove here? The guy wanted to help and if you did not like what he did you should have done it yourself since the very beginning. Instead of bashing what others have done, at least show se appreciation. If their answers were not for you, at least they tried.

F

ForgottenSeer 94943

Let us stop fighting and continue helping each other here.

Here are some discount codes for Revo Pro:

Revo Uninstaller Pro:
1 year license
Code: proinstallty1

2 year license
Code: proinstallty2
or
uninstallpropage2
The codes are not working. I still have 150 days remaining in my Revo Uninstaller Portable licesne.

Reactions: Sorrento and amirr

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I'm a long time Revo Pro user but more recently I have been using HiBit regularly. I steer clear of Iobit products, I can't always control them how I want to.

Reactions: amirr and roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.