Battle Which has the lightest security solution this 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Webroot is the lightest of all.
AV should work 745kb install file and all the work done in the Cloud and 3 to 6MB of RAM usage
j4ts9w4av4.gif

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
In terms of RAM usage, I'll give the nod to Comodo Internet Security 7, however I prefer ESET Smart Security 7 overall as it feels light when performing tasks (scans, browsing, etc.) and it's disk / cpu usage is very low as well.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I just didn't try all of them so it's difficult to answer for all.

Moreover all solutions I tried recently were really light on my PC:
Kaspersky,
Comodo,
Eset,
Emsisoft,
Avast.

So my choice would be all these 5 if there were a multiple choice option.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Use eset here, totally bland, no startup delays, beyond her Comodo, avast, avg are quite light, at least in my tests. I think heavy bitdefender and kaspersky takes at least here to open after boot

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
I would say Bit defender is very light on system resources, though ESET too is a favorable candidate but bit defender has an edge over eset in terms of detection rate and performance.ESET sometimes struggle to delete infected files.

peter allan

Mar 10, 2014
I agree that Web root uses far less pc resources than any other pc security software. Yet, despite its lightness, it has produced a blue screen on my laptop on each of the 5 occasions I installed it. Bitdefender 2014 has a good reputation, but not on windows 8.1. F-secure internet 2014 tends to slow down my laptop, as does Eset Smart security 7, and Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 . My choice, believe or not, is Norton 360 2014. It boots quickly, according to BootRacer, and blends well with win 8.1 without hogging system resources.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@purshupro Why not use Webroot as a standalone product for about 7 days, before thinking of using it as a complimentary product. Because to me, it sounds like you're doubting Webroot.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@purshupro Why not use Webroot as a standalone product for about 7 days, before thinking of using it as a complimentary product. Because to me, it sounds like you're doubting Webroot.
thank u for u suggestion, well the reason i'm doubting because i googled in AV-comparatives, AV-test, VB 100, Toptenreviews, i saw webroot was out of the list and i was thinking. when i downloaded myself ine of ur malware packs , it couldnt detect, whereas bitdefender detected that. So i'm thinking to settle with which.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You should be worried about bad PC browsing habits, not if Webroot didn't detect a pack of malware. Ok, sure it does sound better if it did find threats, but if you can steer clear from malware, then I don't see the problem with using Webroot standalone.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
You should be worried about bad PC browsing habits, not if Webroot didn't detect a pack of malware. Ok, sure it does sound better if it did find threats, but if you can steer clear from malware, then I don't see the problem with using Webroot standalone.
well then i will have a try ove that product. I just want to know that is it better than ESET.
'I dont know why always this question arises in my mind'
. Please suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.