Battle Which has the lightest security solution this 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Great Guys i finally found the truth, Webroot Secure AnyWhere is the Lightest which occupies only 750 KB of Hard Disk Size and the resource usage varies which is less than 4 mb. Whereas the detection rate is fast but not efficient, detection is not good as ESET and other products. ESET occupies around 50-100 mb resource usage.
Capture.PNG

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Great Guys i finally found the truth, Webroot Secure AnyWhere is the Lightest which occupies only 750 KB of Hard Disk Size and the resource usage varies which is less than 4 mb. Whereas the detection rate is fast but not efficient, detection is not good as ESET and other products. ESET occupies around 50-100 mb resource usage.
View attachment 8829
If you want a "clinical approach" to performance with regards to AV products,just go here:
http://www.passmark.com/benchmark-reports/

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
RAM usage doesn't necessary means lighter AV, ESET has higher RAM usage but is almost as light than Webroot; only testing will tell you the truth since each system react differently.
Case in point is Bitdefender, which uses little RAM,however runs like a snail on my system!:p

Reactions: Littlebits

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Please define "lightest", do you mean how it will run on your system or how much RAM and CPU cycles it uses?
Because it is not the same. System response time is how I judge lightness, some products will have low RAM and CPU usage and still makes you system run slow as a turtle. Other products may use a lot of RAM and CPU cycles and doesn't hardly effect your system's response time.

Unless you are still using Windows XP or have less than 1GB of RAM and a single core processor, RAM and CPU might have very little to do with system response time.

I really don't understand the point of these "lightest" security product threads since they never come to any resolutions.
All products will run differently on each system, unless everyone here has the exact same system with same components, you can not come to any logical conclusions.

Thanks. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.