Battle Which has the lightest security solution this 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good point, didn't think that through. Anyway, no one has commented Other: Webroot.

Comodo 7 hasn't been released to the public as Final & Stable, has it?
Edit: It has.

Reactions: yigido

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Can someone plz tell me how on god's green earth can eset be lighter than webroot secureanywhere, that,s like someone trying to explain to me,that there is trucks lighter than bicycles.where did this world go wrong.:( .Hoping for a better 2morrow.Also can the wiser of the crew plz enlighten me,because learning is an on going process,so my brain is up for grabs.Mind u i agree that eset is top security an it performs awesome,but in light-ness never. I'm not a follower nor am i a he he ha ha person.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
that there is trucks lighter than bicycles
Zero gravity. :D

Hopefully these are opinions based on the whole product, not just RAM and install size. Because my last experience with Webroot, caused some sites to load a blank page with Identity Protection switched on. Anyway, I'm not sure I like the term "light". :confused:

Reactions: alexp79 and yigido

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
yeah can we narrow down what is deemed as light? We talking Mem usages, I/o Bytes?
My yute gather this in your brain for uh sec webroot a feather,comodo an empty soda can and eset a coca-cola bottle,what is there to dispute.But knowing no 1 person is alike is what keeps me on these topics.;)Love to all forumer.

Reactions: Venustus and yigido

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
That's what I mean by determining whats light. MBAM for me runs 120K on mem but it has no system impact. Bitdefender on the other hand runs rather light but seems to drag the system sometimes.

Reactions: juhful

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Can someone plz tell me how on god's green earth can eset be lighter than webroot secureanywhere, that,s like someone trying to explain to me,that there is trucks lighter than bicycles.where did this world go wrong.:( .Hoping for a better 2morrow.Also can the wiser of the crew plz enlighten me,because learning is an on going process,so my brain is up for grabs.Mind u i agree that eset is top security an it performs awesome,but in light-ness never. I'm not a follower nor am i a he he ha ha person.:cool:
Eset is feather light,irrespective of the fact that it uses a relatively high amount of ram!
It is in part due to the fact that the core engine is written using ASM (Assembly language),which is faster than C++,making Eset very efficient!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.