Battle Which is better: IDM or Xtreme Download Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
IDM and Xtreme Download Manager both share similarities in UI and function........
Which you think is better Paid or free one?

ا

الشمس

Really!. There are several popular application like Chrome, FileZilla, 7 -Zip (even FDM) are open source
i use neither chrome nor filezilla...7-zip & vlc may be once in a while & that too is on demand.

as for your product...i just do not like it & i am entitled to dislike it...period.

it is a matter of choice & i am just stating my choice...i see no need to be convinced otherwise by you or fanboys.
why would you trust a product more that doesn't provide you with the source codes, than the one that provides you the same
i do not give a hoot about source codes...i trust a reputed brand & not a wannabe developer from oblivion.

is that so complex to understand??? i am stating my opinion...quit enforcing your opinion on me.
I actually did, few months ago but that thread seems dead
:D :D :D why am i not surprised :D :D :D

please accept my heart felt condolence for the above stated demise :p

I use IDM and have a purchased license for it
smart move :cool:

subhro

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
i use neither chrome nor filezilla...7-zip & vlc may be once in a while & that too is on demand.

as for your product...i just do not like it & i am entitled to dislike it...period.

it is a matter of choice & i am just stating my choice...i see no need to be convinced otherwise by you or fanboys.

i do not give a hoot about source codes...i trust a reputed brand & not a wannabe developer from oblivion.

is that so complex to understand??? i am stating my opinion...quit enforcing your opinion on me.

Well, no one has asked you to use XDM either, and It does not matter to me if you use it or not - There are many other users in Windows and Linux who finds it useful and the application is for them only, not for the guy who comments about something he does not even know.

"is that so complex to understand??? i am stating my opinion...quit enforcing your opinion on me."

I really have no intention to force my opinion on you at all, it makes no difference to me if you use it or not, because I did not write XDM for money, spreading ads, popularity or donations. I did this to provide a free alternative to a commercial software. However I do not expect you to understand this, who does not even knows what Open Source Software is and uses them "ON DEMAND" in-spite of being an open source hater.

ditto that :D

you nailed it on the head raul :D

update : with windows 8 idm installs in a jiffy while the other ' innovation ' requires .net 2.0 :eek:
Well for your kind information even Windows Vista comes with .NET 2.0 and it's Open source too. Win8 has .Net 4.5!

Guess someone has to know about the thing he is talking about.

Xtreme Download Manager is quite good, but it should add queues like IDM, EagleGet and Download Ninja, to be better :)

Download queue feature is already there

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: souhrid and Kent

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
No contest here! IDM is king! That is if you have the bucks :) I'd guess you should have compared Xtreme Download manager to Download Ninja or FDM and the likes...

ditto that :D

you nailed it on the head raul :D

update : with windows 8 idm installs in a jiffy while the other ' innovation ' requires .net 2.0 :eek:

Am sure Raul meant it in the right sense 'If you have bucks'. But 80% of the users mostly use the cracked version. Which is shameful obviously. :rolleyes:

And الشمس don't discourage or mock the dev's who work for free. Underline that fact, nothing is better than getting a quality product for free by the hardworking dev's, and that which doesn't include adware.. :cool:

Requiring .net 2.0 is not that big a deal. Well you could say many app's requires some sort of dependencies... And you don't use Firefox or Chrome. I wonder what you use. And you use 7zip and VLC 'on-demand', stating yourself as an open-source hater LOL. :D Well all applications are on-demand and use them only when you need to. :oops:

And am not a fanboy, I do use EagleGet, Download Ninja and FDM. I like them all. So am sorry to disappoint you my dear, who deserves to be called a fanboy (IDM) better o_O

Download queue feature is already there

I mean multiple queues, not just the main download queue.

subhro

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Am sure Raul meant it in the right sense 'If you have bucks'. But 80% of the users including الشمس if I could spell it, mostly use the cracked version. Which is shameful obviously. :rolleyes:

And الشمس don't discourage or mock the dev's who work for free. Underline that fact, nothing is better than getting a quality product for free by the hardworking dev's, and that which doesn't include adware.. :cool:

Requiring .net 2.0 is not that big a deal. Well you could say many app's requires some sort of dependencies... And you don't use Firefox or Chrome. I wonder what you use.

And am not a fanboy, I do use EagleGet, Download Ninja and FDM. I like them all. So am sorry to disappoint you o_O

I wonder لشمس would not like to use Internet as well after knowing that Most Web servers Apache, Asp.Net etc ( most website runs on them) are Open source as well.

subhro

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Am sure Raul meant it in the right sense 'If you have bucks'. But 80% of the users including الشمس if I could spell it, mostly use the cracked version. Which is shameful obviously. :rolleyes:

Requiring .net 2.0 is not that big a deal. Well you could say many app's requires some sort of dependencies... And you don't use Firefox or Chrome. I wonder what you use. And you use 7zip and VLC 'on-demand', stating yourself as an open-source hater LOL. :D Well all applications are on-demand and use them only when you need to. :oops:

And am not a fanboy, I do use EagleGet, Download Ninja and FDM. I like them all. So am sorry to disappoint you by dear, who deserves to be called a fanboy (IDM) better o_O

Win8 has .Net 4.5!

Reactions: Kent

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
& any one with access to the code can tamper with it :eek: i am not a fan of open source for that matter :(

SO :confused:

As subhro mentioned, there are very many open-source applications around, and why would you trust a product more that doesn't provide you with the source codes, than the one that provides you the same.

@jackuars Totally agree with you on that point:)

Hi All,

This is the developer of XDM.

I was too a fan of IDM till my trial license expired.
Thought a free application that shares the similar functionality will be helpful to the folks like me who doesn't want to spend money on a download manager.
I would suggest go for IDM if you really want to buy it. Else XDM is there.
As for the bugs of XDM, I am trying my best to make it more robust and functional. For that I need support and feedback from you guys.

Really!. There are several popular application like Chrome, FileZilla, 7 -Zip (even FDM) are open source.

You are welcome @subhro :)
We are there to support you:D
One thing I noticed during using XDM;that when it is started there is some change in the proxy settings,after exiting they are restored to default,is there an option to avoid this ?

subhro

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
You are welcome @subhro :)
We are there to support you:D
One thing I noticed during using XDM;that when it is started there is some change in the proxy settings,after exiting they are restored to default,is there an option to avoid this ?

Changing the proxy is the key to integration with any browser, Inspired by the famous Web Debugger "Fiddler" by eric lawrence . If you have faced any issue then please submit a bug report in discussion section http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman to improve.
You can disable it by disabling Advanced Browser Integration. However there is future plan for providing individual browser plugin as well.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Changing the proxy is the key to integration with any browser, Inspired by the famous Web Debugger "Fiddler" by eric lawrence . If you have faced any issue then please submit a bug report in discussion section http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman to improve.
You can disable it by disabling Advanced Browser Integration. However there is future plan for providing individual browser plugin as well.

Subra will you consider adding multiple queues to XDM?

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
But 80% of the users including الشمس if I could spell it, mostly use the cracked version. Which is shameful obviously. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of alternatives if you do not have the bucks. Why waste your time taking a chance with a "cracked one". When I was using IDM(thanks to Tipradar and Avinashtech :)) the download was really fast and if I will rate it now (am using FDM at the moment) IDM is 25-35% faster. That may differ depending on the internet speed you have but that "is" a performance that I think FDM, FlashGet, Orbit and DAP cannot catch up. But then again if it get's the job done and your not complaining or your okay with it ad you do not need to spend the extra amount then it's good enough. And of course there are the promising Download Ninja and EagleGet :) (--gonna try that soon!!!)

So I guess maybe MT will host an IDM giveaway since it is by far the best of the download managers :)

Smile guys think of this "cutie" smiling at you and telling you "everything's gonna be okay with your download manager preference" ;)

E3T7LrM.png

Reactions: Kent and frogboy

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
There are a lot of alternatives if you do not have the bucks. Why waste your time taking a chance with a "cracked one". When I was using IDM(thanks to Tipradar and Avinashtech :)) the download was really fast and if I will rate it now (am using FDM at the moment) IDM is 25-35% faster. That may differ depending on the internet speed you have but that "is" a performance that I think FDM, FlashGet, Orbit and DAP cannot catch up. But then again if it get's the job done and your not complaining or your okay with it ad you do not need to spend the extra amount then it's good enough. And of course there are the promising Download Ninja and EagleGet :) (--gonna try that soon!!!)

So I guess maybe MT will host an IDM giveaway since it is by far the best of the download managers :)

Smile guys think of this "cutie" smiling at you and telling you "everything's gonna be okay with your download manager preference" ;)

E3T7LrM.png
Beautiful smile :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.