Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
ZoneAlarm has improved with NextGen, but is not yet strong enough to block unknown threats.

Kaspersky, on the other hand, is a reference in security, and therefore a safe bet.
If you want to try out ZoneAlarm, test it and see if it suits you. If not, switch to Kaspersky.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
ZoneAlarm needs to implement few things (some of them in the works) before I can say it’s better than Kaspersky. For now Kaspersky is better. It’s a short insight this time 😀

If (big if) ZoneAlarm implements these "few things"... do you believe ZoneAlarm could become a significant competitor against the big players (Kaspersky, Avast, Bitdefender etc)? Or, regardless of new enhancements/implementations, ZoneAlarm will always remain as an excellent second-grade software?

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
If (big if) ZoneAlarm implements these "few things"... do you believe ZoneAlarm might become a significant competitor against big players (Kaspersky, Avast, Bitdefender etc)? Or regardless any new improvements/implementations ZoneAlarm always will remain as an excellent second level software?
The engines they use are very powerful and definitely not second-grade but “mild” configurations and policies decrease their effectiveness. If ZoneAlarm reconfigures or provides settings, it will sit at the top with everyone else. Together with program control.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you trying to find out if Kaspersky is better than the other 2 products? Because you also posted similar threads to this, K vs ZoneAlarm (this thread), Kaspersky vs ESET and Kaspersky vs Xcitium EDR.

Thursday at 12:43 AM — #1

I'm a Kaspersky user after I recently was infected by Malware. I switched to it, and immediately it removed the threat.
[…]
I've made posts asking about Kaspersky, and this is just curiosity, I'm probably not gonna switch if ESET is better.
Monday at 1:27 AM — #1

Is Xcitium EDR or Kaspersky better for protection. I use Kaspersky currently but if Xcitium EDR is better for like home use or something I might use it since its free.

would u guys just say Kaspersky is the best av
No, not if the end-user isn’t capable of understanding the dangers and risks of using the Internet. There is no best AV.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Are you trying to find out if Kaspersky is better than the other 2 products? Because you also posted similar threads to this, K vs ZoneAlarm (this thread), Kaspersky vs ESET and Kaspersky vs Xcitium EDR.

No, not if the end-user isn’t capable of understanding the dangers and risks of using the Internet. There is no best AV.
yea exactly i wanna know which has the best detection

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
yea exactly i wanna know which has the best detection
Roughly speaking about detection and prevention, nobody can beat Kaspersky in home products unless you start comparing them with over-complicated solutions for business. I am not a fanboy or something of Kaspersky and I don’t use them myself but it’s a fact.

Even looking just at their anti-malware engine, they are frequently the first to detect sophisticated malware and write about it. They also scan memory contents and not just the images loaded in memory, something only Eset and Bitdefender do in home products at the moment. This can detect malware that all other AVs will see as a trusted process.

Then if you explore other modules that they have (firewall, IDS), you will see that it becomes quite difficult to work your way around them. Much more difficult than many others. They still can’t protect you perfectly from phishing and scams. You need to learn to suspect and reject everything that looks dodgy.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Roughly speaking about detection and prevention, nobody can beat Kaspersky in home products unless you start comparing them with over-complicated solutions for business. I am not a fanboy or something of Kaspersky and I don’t use them myself but it’s a fact.

Even looking just at their anti-malware engine, they are frequently the first to detect sophisticated malware and write about it. They also scan memory contents and not just the images loaded in memory, something only Eset and Bitdefender do in home products at the moment. This can detect malware that all other AVs will see as a trusted process.

Then if you explore other modules that they have (firewall, IDS), you will see that it becomes quite difficult to work your way around them. Much more difficult than many others. They still can’t protect you perfectly from phishing and scams. You need to learn to suspect and reject everything that looks dodgy.
Well that sums it up tbh. I've always seen Kaspersky as a good anti-malware solution, I've just wondered if its the best since I use it. The only downside is its phising protection is good, but not near as good as other high end AV's like Bitdefender.

Last edited by a moderator:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
would u guys just say Kaspersky is the best av
Are you still in doubt? Kaspersky is indisputably better, I met 24 years ago when it was still called AVP (Antiviral Toolkit Pro), I've even commented on this with @harlan4096 he was able to block MS-DOS command as del *.* /y this is a MS DOS command to delete a file and is not malware, at the time it detected it as hacktool, it was a silly joke I did in Win98 and was already executing the bat file and kaspersky blocked the execution, if kaspersky had not blocked it I would be without a computer, I would simply have to reinstall the OS, it was hard to get a floppy or a Windows 95/98 installation CD at the time. I used it for years, but I am not using it now, I am thinking about using it again. Kaspersky has saved me many times from infections. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.