Compare list
Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm (Anti-Viruses)
Platform(s)
  1. Any platform

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
You, yourself need to brush up on your Internet Awareness skills.

If you cannot or are unwilling to learn to improve, and solely want to rely on a piece of 0’s and 1’s, then it’s simply impossible. This will become another brick wall thread.
I'm pretty smart with all that, I've fell for 1 thing before and it was a duplicate website I accidentally clicked on.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
IMO Kaspersky is probably the most robust AV there is, on a personal basis I'm not to fond of the latest version I suppose mainly the GUI which has become to busy for me but that does not detract how good it is - Having tried Zone twice in the last month it's not for me, it uses to many resources which is important to me IMO one of the worse AV's I've ever used, of course just my opinion.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Looking at this now I can see Kaspersky is superior. In terms of a home AV, it has a extremely great behavior blocker, aswell as the best threat intelligence and a very, very fast team to respond to anything missed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm pretty smart with all that, I've fell for 1 thing before and it was a duplicate website I accidentally clicked on.
Typo-squatting can be avoided by knowing what to look-out for, however more sophisticated forms may be harder to spot.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Roughly speaking about detection and prevention, nobody can beat Kaspersky in home products unless you start comparing them with over-complicated solutions for business. I am not a fanboy or something of Kaspersky and I don’t use them myself but it’s a fact.

Even looking just at their anti-malware engine, they are frequently the first to detect sophisticated malware and write about it. They also scan memory contents and not just the images loaded in memory, something only Eset and Bitdefender do in home products at the moment. This can detect malware that all other AVs will see as a trusted process.

Then if you explore other modules that they have (firewall, IDS), you will see that it becomes quite difficult to work your way around them. Much more difficult than many others. They still can’t protect you perfectly from phishing and scams. You need to learn to suspect and reject everything that looks dodgy.
They MEM scanner is solid. I've seen a UEFI writer get stopped. I'll need to look for the detection name. It's was very beautiful to see 🦋

• HaHa
Reactions: windows1064

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
They MEM scanner is solid. I've seen a UEFI writer get stopped. I'll need to look for the detection name. It's was very beautiful to see 🦋
What exactly is a memory scanner - is it just their AV scanner for things in memory or is it something else?

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Avast and Bitdefender, especially Bitdefender is not far behind Kaspersky in terms of "robust". I recently watched a @jitechsolutions video where they test Kasperky Endpoint vs Checkpoint Endpoint. All files on the Kaspersky machine are encrypted.
pd:
If it is against Zone Alarm, I choose Kaspersky. If it is against antivirus like Bitdefender or Avast, I think about it.
One last thing, what bothers me about Kaspersky, is that it is the only av that I know of that doesn't work in 64 bits, it only has modules. (The av installs to x86 program files, not program files.) Independent that has modules in 64 bits.

Reactions: Ink and simmerskool

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Avast and Bitdefender, especially Bitdefender is not far behind Kaspersky in terms of "robust". I recently watched a @jitechsolutions video where they test Kasperky Endpoint vs Checkpoint Endpoint. All files on the Kaspersky machine are encrypted.
pd:
If it is against Zone Alarm, I choose Kaspersky. If it is against antivirus like Bitdefender or Avast, I think about it.
One last thing, what bothers me about Kaspersky, is that it is the only av that I know of that doesn't work in 64 bits, it only has modules. (The av installs to x86 program files, not program files.) Independent that has modules in 64 bits.
In that test im pretty sure Kaspersky was insanly overloaded

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.