Which is the best Internet Security 2018?

Rylan08

Dec 16, 2017
I think it depends on what kind of security you want. And every Antivirus have there owned Pros & Cons. So, one may go through there features. I personally use Norton.

Reactions: Daljeet and AtlBo

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
On the consumer side, they have suffered from a bad reputation for a very long time and slowly declined both in market share and reputation. But with recent changes (Intel bought them and sold them a few years later) they have improved their products a lot recently. They are even among the best in some recent tests. I think McAfee has the potential of becoming a great player again in the consumer market, but as of now they are just not worth it as there are so many better alternatives. Pricing is very low if bought on sale. Support is not that good.

I know this your own opinion I agree with you and also agree after Intel bought McAfee they're becoming good again. I don't how much bad McAfee is? I start using this year and actually, they're very impressive in term of protection and providing support. I contact Mcafee many times and they are super and I never contact other company support in that numbers. Every time I contact Mcafee they will ready to help me I hope to their other customers as well. Mcafee needs lots of improvement and they're improving. From headache Av comes with laptops and desktop this AV is becoming necessary where It needs the most. Recently I test my own this Av and Mcafee detect all samples but it heavy on my virtual machine. I need to restart sometimes because of lags. After installing Mcafee total protection It's odd if you see old UI which I don't like at all.

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I know this your own opinion I agree with you and also agree after Intel bought McAfee they're becoming good again. I don't how much bad McAfee is? I start using this year and actually, they're very impressive in term of protection and providing support. I contact Mcafee many times and they are super and I never contact other company support in that numbers. Every time I contact Mcafee they will ready to help me I hope to their other customers as well. Mcafee needs lots of improvement and they're improving. From headache Av comes with laptops and desktop this AV is becoming necessary where It needs the most. Recently I test my own this Av and Mcafee detect all samples but it heavy on my virtual machine. I need to restart sometimes because of lags. After installing Mcafee total protection It's odd if you see old UI which I don't like at all.
m4chc6

The user interface has been changed in mcafee 2018 version
But with improvements, Norton and BitDefender remain stronger.
Untitled

m4chc6

T

TrinitronMSDOS

I don't how much bad McAfee is?

Well actually i said they have a bad reputation for their customers products, and that's mostly from uninformed people. McAfee is actually doing pretty good these days. They score high in detection tests, their software is lighter and as can see in @low L!fe post, they have a new UI. So they are definitely not bad and can be considered a good choice in my opinion. Still, there are many products that are a better choice in my opinion (Emsisoft, Eset, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, etc...).

Anyway i'm glad to know they have improved their customer support as well, so thanks for the feedback ;). I'm actually happy to see them going in the right direction. I still remember the good old days when i used McAfee on Windows 98, i was just a teenager. When Norton and McAfee ruled as kings. But anyway i'm getting off-subject (and also a little nostalgic lol).

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I ditched KIS/KTS recently after too many notifications that were unclear. What's the point if I can't follow the notification because it either is too long to display or has not relation to anything I'm running. Presently I'm relying on Comodo Firewall and Windows Defender.

If I had to choose an internet security product, I'd look at Emsisoft and Norton, slightly favoring Norton.

Try out either through their 30-day trial and see which you prefer.

Reactions: Daljeet

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I ditched KIS/KTS recently after too many notifications that were unclear. What's the point if I can't follow the notification because it either is too long to display or has not relation to anything I'm running. Presently I'm relying on Comodo Firewall and Windows Defender.

If I had to choose an internet security product, I'd look at Emsisoft and Norton, slightly favoring Norton.

Try out either through their 30-day trial and see which you prefer.

Do you recommend me to Kaspersky Internet Security?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Two options:
  • Layered security; pick and mix most compatible software
  • Internet security; all in one bundle + compatible on-demand scanner
Some vendors of "Internet Security" may include Backup, File Encryption, Password Management etc. but will need reoccurring payments / subscription for access to these inclusive services.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
@low L!fe yes they update their UI from ugly to user friendly especially for me. I download Mcafee total protection trail from their website I don't know why I received old version. I want to highlight one thing I Mcafee is giving free malware removal service to there customers.
The Virus Protection Pledge provides you with the confidence that in the event a supported device gets a virus, a McAfee expert will remove it. If we can’t, we will offer a refund.
Checkout Mcafee test Video Review - McAfee Total Protection Tested!

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
@low L!fe yes they update their UI from ugly to user friendly especially for me. I download Mcafee total protection trail from their website I don't know why I received old version. I want to highlight one thing I Mcafee is giving free malware removal service to there customers.

Checkout Mcafee test Video Review - McAfee Total Protection Tested!

Thank You
Why this version is still using the old interface
There is New Interface

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

BullGuard is much useless and not safe for players, because BullGuard detecting all installers games and drivers audio, graphic card or network as a virus and they's drivers stops working and we can see writted by me problems: Really rareable random Blue Screen Of Death, problems with the network or multiplayer mode in some games, some websites can stop working, By Bullguard Game Booster... Games starts working much worst than normal because of too rare lags and less FPS on the second. The best IS products are: ESET, Emsisoft, G Data and F-Secure.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
BullGuard is much useless and not safe for players, because BullGuard detecting all installers games and drivers audio, graphic card or network as a virus and they's drivers stops working and we can see writted by me problems: Really rareable random Blue Screen Of Death, problems with the network or multiplayer mode in some games, some websites can stop working, By Bullguard Game Booster... Games starts working much worst than normal because of too rare lags and less FPS on the second. The best IS products are: ESET, Emsisoft, G Data and F-Secure.

I'm a bullguard user and have no problems. I would search your problems
somewhere else. And to say bullguard is useless and not safe...disqualified your opinion

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I used BullGuard for a while, and I did not see any problems with it, I really liked it, say it's useless? crossed the line. Many like Avast, but for me, it has always caused me a headache, heavy browsing the internet, and its UI with errors, but I would never say it's useless because I know it works well for other users, each case is a case of any form, give a constructive opinion, call it trash or a useless program that looks great these days, it's not cool :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I use bullguard myself I am sattisfied with it. no lags whatsoever! the only thing to nitpick about imo is the gui , which I for one hope they will redesign , so it will be more user friendly. everyone has the right to share his or her experience with a certain program , if one thinks it's trash it is ok with me , no hard feelings.....I do have the same thoughts on other programs , that others think is great....we live in a free world ;)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

I'll test Bullguard in the next version and check problems again, because i don't want do again Restore Point for my Windows 7 because of problems with some games in which i can't connect with multiplayer mode.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.