Battle Which is your favorite mobile device brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

I would always go with a Google Nexus (5X - latest) device. Cheaper than similar devices with those specs, clean (stock Android) operating system, gets (first) all the security and features updates..... It does have some downsides (like the camera, less than great speakers), however I really like it! : )

Nexus 5X - Google
I too like Nexus for the above good reasons.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Some of the best performing cellular phones I've had (& witnessed) worked great ..before (imho) they all became digital. I have liked motorola (before) and currently use a non-smart LG phone. My wife has replaced her Galaxy S5 (I'd prefer to think of the original one as having been 'lost'). She's had no interest in connecting her phone online which is a good thing because, for some reason, the replacement/refurbished Galaxy requires being right next to our router in order to connect to the internet.o_O This is also going to become my non-Wifi/semi-smart hand-me-down phone, so I shall consider this shortcoming to be a "security feature"!.:p:D

I envy Hangtooth, and his cellphone free home!
Amen to that!!!!! Although they come in handy we got along just fine without them before.A mechanized world out of hand,if I may quote Rush.
Agreed!:):) I miss the older/indestructible telephones with bells, push buttons, & yes :eek:dials, from my youth!:rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Yu and Levono

Why YU?

1. It's Indian :)
2. Awesome hardware with very less price. For example Octa Core / 2 GB RAM / 16 GB internel / 13MP camera came with only 150$ that too 1 year back.
3. Awesome ROM Cyanogen OS. You will get regular update and it's better than stock android ( as per me because I need little bit more customization and security)
4. No Bloat Ware
5. 1200 Service Center across India

Why Lenovo?

1. Great Brand
2. Very good hardware with less price
3. Innovative. For example K4 Note with cost only 200 K is having 3 GB RAM/ OCta Code/ 3 Mics/ Awesome sound with world's first 2 * 1.2 Watt dolby atmos enabled speaker/ VR technology with which using the Glass provided you can turn the mobile into a big screen television :D and more )
4. No heating issue

Now coming to other brands

Why I not like them

1. Appple - Insanely Over Priced. ( Also My bother had one bought from US iphone 5S.Too many restriction. Stopped working after 11 months. Indian service center did not take it. I had to send it to US. Still haven't received it.)
  2. Nokia - Earlier a great Fan boy but now not because no proper Android device so far.
  3. Samsung - Only use Medium ranged devices from them. They always put some very bad gaps in there. Few of them includes not providing basic sensors or providing the worst processor architecture like A5.

Another reason for me not to buy expensive phones are
  1. Don't wanna spend that much huge amount on phone :( I am not that much rich :D
  2. need phone with is provides great performace in lower price ;)
  3. I buy medium range phones because I can change them whenever I want without wasting too much :)
So I can't really talk about Flagship killer phones like Nexus 6/ iPhone 6s/ Samsung S6 Edge and all. :p

Last edited:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Another reason for me not to buy expensive phones are
  1. Don't wanna spend that much huge amount on phone :( I am not that much rich :D
  2. need phone with is provides great performace in lower price ;)
  3. I buy medium range phones because I can change them whenever I want without wasting too much :)
So I can't really talk about Flagship killer phones like Nexus 6/ iPhone 6s/ Samsung S6 Edge and all. :p

Xiaomi fit in your range :D.

In fact, I quite like Xiaomi phone. The core apps are great enough for me to tweak with the ability to hide files, block/allow calls, private msg, built-in security scan, built-in cleaner, built-in UAC, and built-in anti-exe equivalent also.

So far I only add Adguard as my only security App inside.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Xiaomi fit in your range :D.

In fact, I quite like Xiaomi phone. The core apps are great enough for me to tweak with the ability to hide files, block/allow calls, private msg, built-in security scan, built-in cleaner, built-in UAC, and built-in anti-exe equivalent also.

So far I only add Adguard as my only security App inside.

Xiaomi is not my choice because of the UI they provide. I don't like it personally. But my friend has Mi4 ( or Mi4i forgot the extact model) and it's quite good.

Yureka phones are great. They even has the similar security feature and since they use Cyanogen Mod, you will get periodic software updates ;)

If if you don't know about YU then it's most searched phone brand in India ( as per google ) .

Google Trends: Which smartphone did India search for the most in 2015? – Tech2

"It wasn’t the iPhone. Nor was it Samsung or Xiaomi. The most searched smartphone in India in the year 2015 was the YU Yureka. Offering a 5.5-inch display, this device packs in a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC which has an octa-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz along with Adreno 405 GPU paired with 2GB of RAM. Running Cyanogen 12 OS based on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, the smartphone packs in a 2,500 mAh battery. With high-end specifications, the device is priced at a mere Rs 8,999, making it one of the hottest selling and searched devices this year."

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Sony makes the Most Debloated UI above them all. They have nearly the same pure Android, which makes the phone blaze with speed.. But may get boring for some people after some time.
Samsung displays are the best but TouchWiz is bloated as hell.
HTC's are robust but lack the areas above and below the display, which are saved for speakers and makes the screen look tiny on a large phone.
Apple is considered to build to most stable and most expensive phones out there. Hands down.
Nokia and Microsoft phones are great price-warriors with quality hardware etc. but lack the customizability and extensive applications of Android.
I have no experience with the other mobiles, so I do not find myself appropriate to make any commentaries for them.

Reactions: Mihir :-) and Jack

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
In my opinion Sony and Samsung are very good.
About iPhone i can't say never had and probably never will buy one to expensive for me.
Right now i want to buy a new smartphone because my old Samsung Galaxy Young is damaged.
I am thinking of Sony zperia z3 compact or a Microsoft phone.

Reactions: upnorth

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
What do you think of other brands that offer high-end Premium devices, within a similar price range to an iPhone?

IMO more than 450$ are excessive for 80% of smartphone users. Typical user, doesn't need an Iphone (insert here another expensive phone) to send whatsapp, take some photos and view videos, but "if you don't have an Iphone you are or geek or poor".

I've Nexus 5, and the only reason I can find for change is because the battery lasts me 12 hours and without warranty.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I always went with Sony mobile phones nowadays (well frankly because as of the moment I can't get a new state of the art new ones --- the kids get that nowadays). But if I had the money I'd get the new Samsung Galaxy or the Z3 of Sony (again) :)

Reactions: tonibalas

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'd have to say HTC. Have had multiple of these phones and have loved how they perform and everything. Love the boomsound front facing speakers.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nokia - Earlier a great Fan boy but now not because no proper Android device so far.
Low-end Lumia's run the same as high-end Lumia devices, as Windows Phone OS is well optimised. Similar with Apple and iOS devices, with an exception to installing iOS 9 on an iPhone 4.
Low-end Android are sluggish compared to high-end Android devices. I can compare my Low-end Phone to High-end Tablet, and there is a noticeable difference in performing tasks, despite the Android Tablet being 6 months older.

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.