Which is your favourite Boot CD?

V

Vextor

Thread author
There are loads of bootable CD/DVD recovery options available right now. SO I want to know, which one is your favourite?

I don't want SARDU as it is multiple Rescue CD's put together (altough Handy). Just the tools inside SARDU.
Hirens Boot CD is allowed as well as UBCD.
If you are not familiar with Boot CD's, let me give you a few names of popular ones:
Hiren's Boot CD ( I have a video about it on my YT channel, bbbbweb)
Kaspersky Bootable Rescue CD
Norton Bootable Recovery Tool
AVG Rescue CD
Avira Antivir Rescue System
Ultimate Boot CD for Win
Alternative Operating System Scanner (PC Tools aka the company behind Spyware Doctor aka Symantec )
BitDefender Rescue CD
Dr Web Live CD
eScan
F-Secure Rescue CD
G-Data 2012 (Contains Avast and BitDefender)
Panda Safe CD
VBA Rescue (VBA = VirusBlokAda)

So which ones is your favourite? :p

Ok, so I'll start off, mine is Hiren's Boot CD as it contains multiple utilities such as Opera, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Avira.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I use SARDU loaded with all of that AV Tools, I also have Norton Bootable Recovery Tool.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Sorry but it is SARDU for me. My video I made showing all I have installed on it can be viewed on SARDU's website http://www.sarducd.it/tutorial.html
Nearly everything on that list can be installed into SARDU.

V

Vextor

Thread author
MrXidus said:
Sorry but it is SARDU for me. My video I made showing all I have installed on it can be viewed on SARDU's website http://www.sarducd.it/tutorial.html
Nearly everything on that list can be installed into SARDU.

Which tool inside SARDU do you like the most?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As my opinion, there should not be any one favourite, but which ever one needed for the purpose.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I don't use any of them, if your system can't be repaired with normal malware removal tools and you don't have a image of your hard disk to restore, then it is time to re-install Windows.

Every system I have seen that has been damaged by malware, none of the boot disks were able to fix all problems. Every fix creates another problem, much more simple to just re-install Windows which will fix all problems.

The best thing about a Linux boot disk is they allow you to access your files and back them up to DVD/USB device, etc. You can do this with any of them it doesn't matter which one you want to use. Then when you re-install Windows, you will still have your files.

Thanks.:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.