Which is your media player?

Which is your media player?

• Total voters

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
PotPlayer - I like how it adds other media files present in the folder in playlist if you open any one media files present in that folder.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Media Player Classic - Black Edition Download x64 Beta

View attachment 166837

Considering, that MPC-HC almost died, this is a solid replacement.

v1.7.13 is released and farewell · MPC-HC

They have got some new people since then, but they still lack the manpower, so it is just postponed.
@TairikuOkami: Is there any development of security features in media players, or is it all just fluff?
I mean, should I even care if my media player is not being developed, as long as it still works?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
GOM is my choice

think again :

gom.jpg

source : GOM Player 2.3.19.5276

megaleechers is a legitimate site & is listed on MT giveaways as well.

they do not have this warning for 5k / km / mpc-hc / pot / sm / vlc, only for gom.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I'm still holding on to MPC-HC because I like it and some additional people are already helping with its development.

I really hope it's not yet the end of the product, even though the developer already said goodbye.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Is there any development of security features in media players, or is it all just fluff?
I mean, should I even care if my media player is not being developed, as long as it still works?
If you are just using it to play files locally, you can just install and forget about it. There are mostly common fixes and libraries being updated.

You can always check with Personal Software Inspector, if there are any known vulnerabilities.

Attachments

• capture_09142017_222116.jpg
    capture_09142017_222116.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 390

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
think again :

gom.jpg

source : GOM Player 2.3.19.5276

megaleechers is a legitimate site & is listed on MT giveaways as well.

they do not have this warning for 5k / km / mpc-hc / pot / sm / vlc, only for gom.
Never had this issue here in the US. I dont allow it to update from "auto" I do it manually so I
visit the site at least once a month, But hey it's all good, just sharing what I use.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.