Advice Request Which of the uBlock Origin lists should I keep.

Firefox
20 Replies 2,343 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.

Morro

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Forum Veteran
OK, yesterday I added Firefox on a whim, and I must say that FF has improved a lot in my opinion. It seems to be a lot faster than I remember, and the account options are different as well from what I remember. (In a good way I think.)

But I added uBlock Origin, and I imported the last backup I had from uBlock Origin. And … well, I was shocked at all the lists I had in there. I have added three lists from Hagezi, and those I will definitely keep, but I would like some advice on all the lists that are above those three Hagezi lists. Which of the lists from Adguard Dutch and up should I keep, combined with those Hagezi lists?


Schermafbeelding 2025-11-04 114743.jpg
 
Hi,
  • EasyList – Cookie Notices
  • uBlock filters – Cookie Notices
perform better than the AG lists themselves.

  • Block Outsider Intrusion into LAN
can be replaced by a setting to be enabled in about:config.

Also consider that network (privacy) filters can be replaced by DNS-level filter lists if necessary.
Cosmetic filtering cannot, at least not completely.
 
Thank you for the heads up on the cookie list. As for the url shortener, damn I had that one in use after importing the backup, guess I will add again. :)


EDIT: Now I should have the right ones.

Schermafbeelding 2025-11-04 153401.jpg
 
Last edited:
My philosophy is only enable enough to avoid tripping anti-adblock banners. The default uBlock Origin lists and Fanboy lists are enough. Google has blacklisted some Adguard filters but your mileage may vary.
Fanboy annoyance list works prefectly with adblock plus; however, with uBO (old), it breaks few websites, where I have to disable and replace with Adguard annoyance list.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top