Which operating system are you using?

  • Total voters
    118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

New Member
Which Operating System you are using?
Multiple choice is enable as many user uses dual boot or having more than 1 machine with different os on each machine
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrExplorer

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
I used to be a Windows 8 user since Developer Preview, Went back to Windows 7 until OEM's such as Intel & NVIDIA release stable drivers that support Windows 8.

OEM's will more than likely have these ready for the Windows 8 release, That's when I'll be re-installing Windows 8 as my native OS.
 

Spirit

New Member
WIndows :heart:
Linux :skull:

Its take lot of patience to use linux,don't know how people find its easy than windows.

I ewally lost in commands.... $sudo this
sudo that

:lolZ:
 

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
All computers are using Windows 7 SP1, running 32-bit/64-bit Home Premium or Professional editions.
 

iScream

New Member
MrXidus said:
I used to be a Windows 8 user since Developer Preview, Went back to Windows 7 until OEM's such as Intel & NVIDIA release stable drivers that support Windows 8.
Nvidia has stable driver for Windows 8 already.
 
N

Nige_40

Stranger said:
WIndows :heart:
Linux :skull:

Its take lot of patience to use linux,don't know how people find its easy than windows.

I ewally lost in commands.... $sudo this
sudo that

:lolZ:
I know what you mean. It's a challenge at times, yep Command console and sudo :) I have only tried Ubuntu 12.04 LTS in VM. Nice layout etc but I got bored so dumped it, so I got a VM with nothing on it :)
 

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
malbky said:
You have not listed Windows Vista. I use Vista.
How Did you Survive all this time with Vista (since its a complete failure in my opinion)
You Surely need to upgrade once windows 8 come out in October
Thanks
 
P

Plexx

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit on Host, Windows 7 Home Premium/Professional 64bit on VM for testing purposes, Lubuntu on VM for browsing and stuff.
 

House_maniac

Level 1
yea vista is a buggy operating system and really a resource hoger even if you have a quad core i see no point using an operating system like that..just my 2 cents
 

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Stranger said:
Its take lot of patience to use linux,don't know how people find its easy than windows.

I ewally lost in commands.... $sudo this
sudo that
I've tried a few different distros, It's a whole new learning experience, Especially with sudo commands and every other never ending commands needed just to do a basic thing...
I couldn't be bothered and I went back to Windows.

iScream said:
MrXidus said:
I used to be a Windows 8 user since Developer Preview, Went back to Windows 7 until OEM's such as Intel & NVIDIA release stable drivers that support Windows 8.
Nvidia has stable driver for Windows 8 already.
Not that I can see, Here's the search page for Stable drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us



To find the driver you'll need to use the Advanced Driver search. That's where you'll find the driver and it's not Stable, It's listed as BETA.



Don't say they're Stable enough as that's not the point, I am waiting for official stable drivers. Thanks. :)

malbky said:
You have not listed Windows Vista. I use Vista.
It hurts me to see someone say they use Vista. :(
 

McLovin

Level 73
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
Currently using Windows 7 Pro on my desktop and Windows Vista Home on my laptop. Yes I bet all people would say that I should upgrade from Vista, but I personally have no problem with it. It works perfectly fine for what I use it for. Had no troubles installing and uninstalling programs. I did before I installed SP2 but after I did, it must have fixed the issues. Plus using Windows Server 2008 r2 at home. I run our full home server off it.

MrXidus said:
malbky said:
You have not listed Windows Vista. I use Vista.
It hurts me to see someone say they use Vista. :(
It can't be that bad. At the time I bet you thought that it was great. Anything better to try then Windows XP.
 

malbky

New Member
It is not that bad. Just try the sp2. Ok its not as fast as 7. Was getting bored with 7 so I am using Vista. But I cant tolerate anyone saying its crappy crap. IT is good but Windows 7 is better. Vista is not unusable. It is due to malinformed users Vista was title so.
 
D

Deleted member 178

malbky said:
It is not that bad. Just try the sp2. Ok its not as fast as 7. Was getting bored with 7 so I am using Vista. But I cant tolerate anyone saying its crappy crap. IT is good but Windows 7 is better. Vista is not unusable. It is due to malinformed users Vista was title so.
these 2 things are vital to me, if i can get a Ferrari why should i use a Chevrolet.
 
P

Plexx

Stranger said:
WIndows :heart:
Linux :skull:

Its take lot of patience to use linux,don't know how people find its easy than windows.

I ewally lost in commands.... $sudo this
sudo that

:lolZ:
Sudo commands are not that bad once you know the basics. Way better than the traditional root commands. There are distros that encourage users who just switched from windows to make them at ease. Bear in mind that even me being a Linux user for many years, I have lost the practice and some of the knowledge I gained back in the days of Slackware for example.

Nige_40 said:
I know what you mean. It's a challenge at times, yep Command console and sudo :) I have only tried Ubuntu 12.04 LTS in VM. Nice layout etc but I got bored so dumped it, so I got a VM with nothing on it :)
Lubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora to name a few are decent.

Ubuntu 12 if memory serves me right is using Unity, which a lot of users don't like it and it is also the reason why Linux Mint gained more popularity since it still offered Gnome, while Ubuntu chose Unity. Kubuntu, based on KDE is a bit hearvier. L and X are more light and still retain the decent functions of Ubuntu.

House_maniac said:
yea vista is a buggy operating system and really a resource hoger even if you have a quad core i see no point using an operating system like that..just my 2 cents
This is where we will always have a showdown between Vista and non Vista users.

Going back, XP was stable. Vista comes out, completely innovations with Aero theme etc, but at the time, having a good system to run Vista to its potential was expensive (unlike now). This did not stop people from trying Vista. They tried and saw how resource hungry it was. So choice was Back to XP or move to Linux.

It took me 2 days to explain to a friend who was running Vista and wanted to convert anyone he knew about Vista. Until I had to invite him to my house to see my Desktop (at the time was not a full gaming machine), let him install Vista and set it up just like his own system so he could see the difference due to its hardware.


Some users go as far as comparing the release of Vista just like the Windows ME release.

But if we look at the core features, between Vista and XP, Vista had improvements and innovation, but from my point of view, back in the days, the Hardware components market was more expensive than now. And that is in my opinion where MS failed to engrave a positive entry in Microsoft users.

A simple example: What cost me nearly 800GBP on a custom built Gaming Desktop Tower, nowadays I get it for under 500GBP.
 

McLovin

Level 73
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Verified
malbky said:
It is not that bad. Just try the sp2. Ok its not as fast as 7. Was getting bored with 7 so I am using Vista. But I cant tolerate anyone saying its crappy crap. IT is good but Windows 7 is better. Vista is not unusable. It is due to malinformed users Vista was title so.
Agreed, it's not that fast but for what I use it for it works like a treat. SP2 must have fixed all the hick ups with it though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.