Battle Which privacy VPN for 12 months - Express vs Mullvad vs Nord vs Proton?

Compare list
ExpressVPN
Mullvad VPN
NordVPN
ProtonVPN
In-depth Comparison

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looking for a privacy VPN, that offers double protection and available cross-platform.
  • ExpressVPN
  • Mullvad VPN
  • NordVPN
  • ProtonVPN

Which do you recommend and why?
  1. most reasonably price for features
  2. pass through multiple servers
  3. overall speed on weekdays vs weekends
  4. for a 12 month plan

(Ignore- Windscribe, Netflix, Torrenting)

Last edited:
Reactions: Protomartyr

HudSonManiac

Level 1
Feb 19, 2019
You are free to believe what you want, however truth is nordvpn has many leaks unlike other vpn services.

A little google session will show you the amount of login details leaked and that are still active, and in many cases nordvpn's password is active too.
Also some accounts have comprehensive passwords from what I have seen.

Nevertheless, sure believe what the company publicly notifies the general public.

Of course you are also free to believe what you want, but in my opinion this is all just speculation. NordVPN has only had one breach, that did not leak any user info. Knowing how aggressive the VPN market is, you don't think the competitors would have jumped on the opportunity to reveal that NordVPN had their user info leaked? I highly doubt that, there would have been a massive scandal if this had happened.
Also, you can find many login details for Netflix, ExpressVPN, Spotify ect., does that mean all of them have been leaked as well? I think my theory of credential stuffing is more plausible.

Reactions: dabluez98

dabluez98

Level 3
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
True nordvpn has good security all around in my view i think that other than security though their service is crap no matter what you consider (again except security where they meet competition for sure of not sometimes exceeding it)

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I would use the VPN that come bundled with the security suite; if you already trusted the security product with your data, then it is pointless not to trust your traffic going through their VPN. F-Secure, Bitdefender, McAfee, Bullguard, Kaspersky, Avira, come with VPN included (in their higher plan). I am currently using McAfee LiveSafe and I am using the included VPN.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.