Product from which vendor would you like to see on Discount on MalwareTips?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Site of promotion
https://malwaretips.com/
Starts on
Nov 9, 2019
Ends on
Nov 16, 2019
Instructions
Select your choice from the poll list

plat1098

Level 20
Verified
ESET. If I was in the market and had only these to choose from, it would be this.

Right now, Smart Security is priced at 59.99 USD on its website for 1yr/1pc. 😬 If you look at Ebay, you can get this for 11.00 USD but I smell a catch somewhere. So Malwaretips would be a trustworthy middle ground. 👌

notabot

Level 15
I would not pay for a security software, but I might choose ESET for friends. I would not consider AVG, Avast or Avira, even if they were for free.
I like WD and use but I don't think all commercial products are bad, eg Avast, Kaspersky, Norton, Emsisoft, ESET, F-Secure all sound like they provide a good level of protection. AVG was one of the first to adopt AMSI, I had used it more than 10 years ago and it wasn't terrible at all.

MacDefender

Level 11
Verified
Voting ESET and F-Secure. ESET’s static scanner has impressed me through and through since the new update.

Meanwhile after months of testing, F-Secure has continued to pleasantly surprise me. Seems like switching to the Avira signature engine has been a huge improvement for them, and lately they seem to have dialed in DeepGuard well. DeepGuard has always been a fairly strong BB but was plagued by lots of false positives for esoteric binaries but lately they seem to have been doing a better job at dialing that back.
Unfortunately both of these products are a little expensive and rarely go on sale.