Community Discount Which product would you like to see on Discount?

Promo page
https://malwaretips.com/
Event start
Nov 9, 2019
Event end
Nov 16, 2019
How to get a license
Select your choice from the poll list

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Acronis True Image,At about 50% off
Dave, Acronis usually has a black Friday (Nov.29) sale. A bit of advice, get yourself an external drive, back up "locally", skip the cloud, and save a bunch of money. My last Acronis True Image (no cloud) for 3 seats, lifetime, was $20.00. Whereas the "unlimited with cloud, 3 seats,runs $100.00+ a YEAR.

just my 2 cents. (y)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
ESET. If I was in the market and had only these to choose from, it would be this.

Right now, Smart Security is priced at 59.99 USD on its website for 1yr/1pc. 😬 If you look at Ebay, you can get this for 11.00 USD but I smell a catch somewhere. So MalwareTips would be a trustworthy middle ground. 👌

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
I would not pay for a security software, but I might choose ESET for friends. I would not consider AVG, Avast or Avira, even if they were for free.

I like WD and use but I don't think all commercial products are bad, eg Avast, Kaspersky, Norton, Emsisoft, ESET, F-Secure all sound like they provide a good level of protection. AVG was one of the first to adopt AMSI, I had used it more than 10 years ago and it wasn't terrible at all.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Voting ESET and F-Secure. ESET’s static scanner has impressed me through and through since the new update.

Meanwhile after months of testing, F-Secure has continued to pleasantly surprise me. Seems like switching to the Avira signature engine has been a huge improvement for them, and lately they seem to have dialed in DeepGuard well. DeepGuard has always been a fairly strong BB but was plagued by lots of false positives for esoteric binaries but lately they seem to have been doing a better job at dialing that back.
Unfortunately both of these products are a little expensive and rarely go on sale.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.