Battle which security suite is the most user friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
which security suite is the most user friendly with good detection and removal rates out of all the latest suites

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
so should i uninstall eset ss 7 and get eset AV + comodo FW

If this setup is working well for you and keeping you safe then there is no reason to change it unless you want to go with all free software.
If you have never use Comodo Firewall before it can be overwhelming for beginners and if your current setup is keeping you safe the way it is then you don't add programs that you might not know to to configure and understand.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Ink

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Question,why do people check http://www.av-comparatives.org when clearly from testing and results on this site,it clearly show that they results are misleading.:(

Yes their tests are very misleading, I have tried many AV's on my system and BitDefender detects more false positives than any other AV that I have tired. I'm talking about safe files some even digitally certified by trusted publishers. Everyone wants to talk about its good detection rate but it sucks when it comes to flagging safe files that no other AV detects. BitDefender refuses to address their false positive issues, it's like they want those detection to scare their users into thinking that they really have infections and need to continue using BitDefender. It takes a lot of complaining to get them to remove false detections. Since most users don't know the difference between false positives and real infections they tend to believe BitDefender is the best. Don't forget about the issue of TrafficLight blocking MalwareTips awhile back because we suppose to be an infected site. Thank goodness they removed that detection they must have got a lot of complaints. It took BitDefender 3 months to remove detection of my website and it doesn't even host any files only uses third-party sites like Softpedia and MajorGeeks that is just not acceptable.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: Venustus and Ink

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Yes their tests are very misleading, I have tried many AV's on my system and BitDefender detects more false positives than any other AV that I have tired. I'm talking about safe files some even digitally certified by trusted publishers. Everyone wants to talk about its good detection rate but it sucks when it comes to flagging safe files that no other AV detects. BitDefender refuses to address their false positive issues, it's like they want those detection to scare their users into thinking that they really have infections and need to continue using BitDefender. It takes a lot of complaining to get them to remove false detections. Since most users don't know the difference between false positives and real infections they tend to believe BitDefender is the best. Don't forget about the issue of TrafficLight blocking MalwareTips awhile back because we suppose to be an infected site. Thank goodness they removed that detection they must have got a lot of complaints. It took BitDefender 3 months to remove detection of my website and it doesn't even host any files only uses third-party sites like Softpedia and MajorGeeks that is just not acceptable.

Thanks. :D
I'm not a bitdefender fan. my heart is with Emsisoft & webroot.I totally agree with u on that topic, but how about CIS,this product get so much hype yet for over three yrs they top topic is the interface yet, you download a program comodo say unknown ok, u think i get sent to the cloud to get check no, it sit there in comodo plus many more and never get report yet people all over the net is saying what a top product this is even on these forums. boy this bugs me out. we as human need to cut the appearance factor & deal with the contents.comodo is the king of bugs. I have a three yr key don't even use it, don't even start to talk about the geek buddy business there the worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus
D

Deleted member 178

I'm not a bitdefender fan. my heart is with Emsisoft & webroot.

i second that :D

I totally agree with u on that topic, but how about CIS,this product get so much hype yet for over three yrs they top topic is the interface yet, you download a program comodo say unknown ok, u think i get set to the cloud to get check no, it sit there in comodo plus many more and never get report yet people all over the net is saying what a top product this is even on these forums.

what is liked on CIS is its muti-layer prevention capacity, and most CIS users (generally paranoids like me) never bother to execute an unknown programs; we just delete it.

boy this bugs me out. we as human need to cut the appearance factor & deal with the contents.comodo is the king of bugs. I have a three yr key don't even use it, don't even start to talk about the geek buddy business there the worst.

not seen major bugs since i test it for years. for Geekbuddy i dont need it so i can't tell about it

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Don't get it twisted i'm talking about programs that is good but cis don't know them,there people out there that no what i mean & have experienced what i have posted.

& there r computer literate.

I'm neither advance or geek,but i no proper working programs. We as people need to dress back & really check for quality instead or quantity.

Any person that know comodo history will tell u fanboy's have sucked the sweetness out of this product.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Don't get it twisted i'm talking about programs that is good but cis don't know them,there people out there that no what i mean & have experienced what i have posted.

ok i see your point , it is somehow true but just submit them to comodo forum, they "usually" check them and inform if accepted as trustful progs.

edit: Terry can you avoid multiple successive posts :D

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Now plz tell me why get free or pay for a so call top product then on a day to day basis have to sit down & spoon feed it.Pure crap

When this man was security hungry (Melih Abdulhayoğlu)he made improvements in comodo, now he seems to be more laid back.Team with some fanboys that don't have no foresight & have literally brought comodo to it's knees.Have you ever heard the saying too much cooks spoil the broth

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Now plz tell me why get free or pay for a so call top product then on a day to day basis have to sit down & spoon feed it.Pure crap

that is your opinion, i used Comodo, Emsisoft , Webroot for long time; none are perfect and has/had various bugs/issues; just use the one you are comfortable with ; your experience may be different than others ;)

Reactions: illumination

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Question,why do people check http://www.av-comparatives.org when clearly from testing and results on this site,it clearly show that they results are misleading.:(

Hadn't for MalwareTips i will have believe that,but this site teaches you something daily.;)
Where's the false positive testing here with hundreds of samples? And, is VirusTotal misleading? All the test labs show pretty much the same results - Kaspersky, Bitdefender, ESET...

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
For a paid solution, Norton is definitely my choice. Most users that I've talked to says that Norton does the job for them without needing to answer complex popups. CIS doesn't generally speak user friendliness. I really don't recommend it to my customers.

Reactions: Littlebits

Bill W

Level 1
Verified
Mar 30, 2013
For a paid solution, Norton is definitely my choice. Most users that I've talked to says that Norton does the job for them without needing to answer complex popups. CIS doesn't generally speak user friendliness. I really don't recommend it to my customers.

I am inclined to agree with the comments above from moonshine. Let's face it: most people on this forum have computer skills beyond the average person, so referring back to the original question Norton is a sound choice - i.e user friendly
I am using Webroot myself and love it. In fact, I have considered suggesting members of my family and work to move from Norton to Webroot. The problem is that Norton just works, and works well for most people, so if things go pear shaped with Webroot I will obviously cop the blame. I have no concerns about security with Webroot, but the overzealous Webshield while purely annoying to me would be possibly alarming to the average internet user.

Infrared

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Feb 15, 2014
Well in my personal view if you are looking for a forget about it AV that is free then i would say Bitdefender free version i know it does not have the best detections but it the most simple one really.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Norton uses alot of system resources + Isn't really good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.